Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Danica Patrick as Marilyn Monroe. Seriously. (Plus More "Sexy" Danica Videos)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danica Patrick as Marilyn Monroe. Seriously. (Plus More "Sexy" Danica Videos)

Re: Danica Patrick as Marilyn Monroe. Seriously. (Plus More \

First, I will stipulate two points: 1) Danica Patrick is a credible professional race car driver, and 2) she is way faster than I will ever be. BUT, judged purely on her driving talent and racing results, there is no way she would recieve the level of sponsorship and media attention she does, and given the financial reality of professional racing these days, the biggest result of that would be that she would not be with a top level team like she is now. In pro racing, having access to money, good equipment, and top level team resources is equally as important as raw talent, so you need all of it to rise to the very top. IMO, if she was not a hot woman, she would be lucky to be a backmarker. But even being a backmarker is more than most will ever achieve in pro racing. She is in a tough position, because she wants to be judged on her own merits equal to the guys, but she needs to take every advantage of every "asset" she has to compete. It's all part of the game.

Comment

Cant stand Indy racing but she is nice to look at. Like alot of people I will watch the BIG game for the commercials.

Comment

Originally posted by King Matt
        First, I will stipulate two points: 1) Danica Patrick is a credible professional race car driver, and 2) she is way faster than I will ever be. BUT, judged purely on her driving talent and racing results, there is no way she would recieve the level of sponsorship and media attention she does, and given the financial reality of professional racing these days, the biggest result of that would be that she would not be with a top level team like she is now. In pro racing, having access to money, good equipment, and top level team resources is equally as important as raw talent, so you need all of it to rise to the very top. IMO, if she was not a hot woman, she would be lucky to be a backmarker. But even being a backmarker is more than most will ever achieve in pro racing. She is in a tough position, because she wants to be judged on her own merits equal to the guys, but she needs to take every advantage of every "asset" she has to compete. It's all part of the game.
        You're right, Matt. But, sponsors want tv time even more than being on the winning car. She definitely gets more tv time than many of the race winners, deservably or not. Race teams can't function without sponsors, so she is in demand.

I think her actions and her actions are conflicting. She says she wants to be judged as a race car driver, but she is now often doing things like the videos listed above.
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

We're basically saying the same thing. Modern pro racing is sponsorship driven. Pretty much any racer that could generate the same level of sponsor support for a team would likely be afforded the same opportunities as Danica, provided they were at least as competent a driver as she is. It's just that given many factors facing the sport of open wheel racing here in the US, there really aren't too many male drivers who can compete with the "assets" Danica brings to the table. ;D

Comment

Matt, I have been contacted by Speedo and they are looking to sponsor a talented Formula Vee racer this season. You'll need to do a catalog shoot, but I gave them your number. :D

Brian
            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by King Matt
              We're basically saying the same thing. Modern pro racing is sponsorship driven. Pretty much any racer that could generate the same level of sponsor support for a team would likely be afforded the same opportunities as Danica, provided they were at least as competent a driver as she is. It's just that given many factors facing the sport of open wheel racing here in the US, there really aren't too many male drivers who can compete with the "assets" Danica brings to the table. ;D
              I learned this from Michael Waltrip. When I met him I asked him why he raced so hard to keep from going a third lap down at one race. He told me because he was sitting next to the leader and it put him on camera even though his car was a wreck from an earlier flat tire. Getting Napa on TV was his job at the races.
              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X