Clear All

• Toyota Issues Massive Recall, Suspends Sales of Eight Models

BLAME CANADA!!

Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
    07 Mustang GT with some stuff
    88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

Re: Toyota Issues Massive Recall, Suspends Sales of Eight Models

Okay, I couldn't help but gloat a little . . . http://speedzzter.blogspot.com/2010/...-of-eight.html

Comment

Speedy = lover of Yotas. :D ;D ;)
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

If you have one of the Toyota models involved in this mess I wonder if the Lemon Laws apply? It would be bad news if your Camry was your only transportation and you knew it might have a problem, yet there is no real solution for it. I think I would want my money back.

Comment

The appliance motorists are starting to freak out . . . http://wcbstv.com/consumer/toyota.re...2.1453416.html ;D

Here's an untested tip if your greed-soaked Toyota dealer doesn't know what to do:

1. Rip out your driver's side floor mat.
            2. Squirt plenty of WD-40 on the accelerator pedal assembly at the places common sense suggests it might stick or bind. If you're a ignorant "black box" motorist who has no clue where or what to squirt, ask that scary guy with the long hair and jacked-up Camaro down at Pep Boys.
            3. Refrain from "flooring" the accelerator pedal (considering how I see most Toyotas being driven, that won't require any changes in behavior for most 'Yoda owners).
            4. Carefully drive the heap directly to an American car dealer and trade that sucker in before it kills somebody.

I'm not responsible if any of the foregoing doesn't work . . . or kills somebody anyhow . . . or the scary Camaro guy talks you into guzzling a few "cold ones," sells you a bag of "crank," or causes you to wake up in a nasty motel with an Excedrin headache and a tacky tattoo . . . .

Comment

I just heard on the news that if your gas pedal was made in Japan, it's no problem. If it was made in the US, get it replaced. :
              I R Bob
              You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
              2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

on this we agree speedz ......yoda- "you can't fool all of the people all of the time "

Comment

But seriously, the WD-40 thing's probably not going to work. The leading theory a present is a problem with 'Yoda's electronics. http://finance.yahoo.com/news/No-eas...52113.html?x=0

(or if you're into that weird Eastern thing . . . it's bad "CARma" :D)

Comment

"Six times in the past six years NHTSA has undertaken an exhaustive review of allegations of unintended acceleration on Toyota and Lexus vehicles," Toyota said in a statement this month. "Six times the agency closed the investigation without finding any electronic engine control system malfunction to be the cause of unintended acceleration."

NHTSA officials have consistently said they have not found any electronic defects. "In the high-speed incidents, which are the type of crashes in which death or serious injury is most likely, the only pattern NHTSA has found to explain at least some of them are pedal entrapment by floor mats," a spokeswoman said in a written statement.

From what I understand, they looked for stored fault codes, didn't find any, and closed the investigation. Trouble is, if it had detected a fault, it would have shut the car down, and there wouldn't have been a runaway incident. I really doubt that this problem is limited to floor mats and sticky gas pedals. I think there's a problem with the sensors and/or the software. Stay tuned.

Comment

I saw on the news that they actually suggested if you experience a problem with your accelerator sticking that you should place the car in neutral and apply the brakes. Never happen. From the sheer magnitude of video clips on tv, Joe Public has a real problem telling the gas from the brake pedal when panic strikes. Imagine lately turning in your reliable "clunker" on a new Toyota Camry. D'oh! Oh yeah, and I dug the posted "2001" reference, made me actually laugh out loud.

Comment

Originally posted by meatwagon
                        Imagine lately turning in your reliable "clunker" on a new Toyota Camry.
                        My sister just did that, they traded in her husband's '90 camaro for a new camary, and now I remind her about it every chance I get.

Comment

This ought get people thinking its nothing but JJ (J Junk).

I have not and will never own a JJ POS. I'd rather walk.

Comment

I sure hope we get this kind of awesome automotive news coverage when Ford brings out their next diesel. :D
                            www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning
                              I just heard on the news that if your gas pedal was made in Japan, it's no problem. If it was made in the US, get it replaced. :
                              So, it's an american suppliers fault?

Comment

Working...
                              X