X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Toyota Issues Massive Recall, Suspends Sales of Eight Models

Originally posted by min301
    Originally posted by BluLightning
    I just heard on the news that if your gas pedal was made in Japan, it's no problem. If it was made in the US, get it replaced. :
    So, it's an american suppliers fault?
    if true, that REALLY throws a wrench at the Flagwaivers' happy dance in the Blog. I wonder what Speeedzter woudl hve to say about that? What's the JPC rating on that pedal?

ROFL
    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

I just heard on the news that if your gas pedal was made in Japan, it's no problem. If it was made in the US, get it replaced. :
      THOUGHT THEY SAID THIS WAS CHINA AND JAPAN CARS TOO..

Comment

A little googling clears this up. Sort of. http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/...n6150882.shtml

Cliff's notes: The company that supplied the pedals to Toyota is based in Elkhart, IN but the factory they own that manufactured them is based in Missisauga, Ontario, Canada.

Some interesting stuff in there. The pedal was built to Toyota design specs, but is also used in many Pontiac Vibe cars. 99,000 Pontiac Vibe's have been recalled as well. Interesting.
        www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

well it wont hurt pontiac rep.. as they're already dead..
          and ,the reports are that cars in china and japan are having the same issue,
          and I could be way off base, but I highly doubt those cars saw parts made in canada.. when the cars are made in japan for the homeland and export to china

Comment

Article says they make ALL the pedals for Toyota, and only one particular design is at fault. The Elkhart company has facilities in China as well. Reading is indeed fundamental! Ford has vehicles with the exact same model of pedal too, but hasn't yet commented on a recall or not.

Very interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
              Article says they make ALL the pedals for Toyota, and only one particular design is at fault. The Elkhart company has facilities in China as well. Reading is indeed fundamental! Ford has vehicles with the exact same model of pedal too, but hasn't yet commented on a recall or not.

Very interesting.
              "READING IS FUNDAMENTAL"
              no kidding..
              but I can't sit and read everything as I'm at work not sitting at home

Comment

Working...
              X