Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Optima Ultimate Street Car Invitational Airs on Speed TV This Weekend! See the Teaser Video Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Optima Ultimate Street Car Invitational Airs on Speed TV This Weekend! See the Teaser Video Here

Re: The Optima Ultimate Street Car Invitational Airs on Speed TV This Weekend! See the Teaser Video

We know Rob Kinnan modified the look of Factory Fives '33. HR says that 17 cars did not finish. Can't wait to see this.

Comment

Re: The Optima Ultimate Street Car Invitational Airs on Speed TV This Weekend! See the Teaser Video

really , what is a street car ?

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
        Spidey, you'd appreciate what they're doing.

Spectre and a few other companies have been doing this a few years - open track day, the philosophy is "get out your pretty car and beat the holy shit out of it"

I for one, LOVE seeing that because cars are meant to be driven. Not trailered to some lame ass show for pansies in Arizona.

www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

If this sort of competition continues I will build a car for it.... A red, white and blue one 8)
          I hope it's not just a trend.

Comment

It's ANY car that has been registered and opproved by D.O.T. for use on the street. It doest matter if it's a nice comfortable economy car or a fully caged single seat 1000+hp what ever.

Comment

Originally posted by 67prostreet
              It's ANY car that has been registered and opproved by D.O.T. for use on the street. It doest matter if it's a nice comfortable economy car or a fully caged single seat 1000+hp what ever.
              There was a recent HRM editorial that nailed the "What is a street car" question.
              Basically it's whatever YOU want to drive.

Comment

Originally posted by mike343sharpstick
                There was a recent HRM editorial that nailed the "What is a street car" question.
                Basically it's whatever YOU want to drive.
                It was written by Rob Kinnan. He sees it the same way I do. If you can drive it on the street, it's a street car. No Ifs, ands or buts about.
                Is it practicable, No. Is it Legal for the street, YES.

Comment

That was AWESOME!
                  Gears in my head are turning... uh oh :D

Comment

I saw most of it. I wished they had more footage of the 70 Boss Mustang that was the first car out on all the tests.
                    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
                      I saw most of it. I wished they had more footage of the 70 Boss Mustang that was the first car out on all the tests.
                      Agreed. A 40 year old race car can still stick it to the latest and greatest. They said that car was one second faster than last years winner in I think the autox? I found that very interesting.
                      Not sure what it means exactly, Old TA cars were THAT good; leaf springs and all, or the modern modified muscle is not as good as we would like to think???
                      Hmmmm?

That freakin Cobra is stupid fast, the vid of it doing the 0-60-0 was sick.

Comment

I just saw the show, it was one of the best programs I saw. (good editing)
                        Sooo weird to see "everyone" I knew (from the board) ;D driving their cars hard.
                        Makes me want to get invited in the future. (a new thing to add to my bucket list ahaha).
                        Just getting to watch would be a blast..
                        It was not professionals driving but everyday people.

Also for me several 2nd Gen. My car will be going with Hotchkis & will be adding the 4 wheeled discs shortly.
                        This is when I wish I had tivo
                        So. Central PA
                        Long Hauler 2010 & 2011 (2 stops 2014) 2015

NERR 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Comment

who woulda thunk a modified 66 cobra would of went out and spanked everybody LOL - like that one guy said about the cars - its all bout the power to weight ratio
                          Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

I wanna see more.... 8).Awesome.. ;)

Comment

One of the best hour spent in front of the TV in awhile. Speed needs more shows of this nature.

X2 on wanting to see the Boss a little more. Tanner drifting was cool too, and hearing the lady in the Camaro swearing like a trucker at her car, "stick you piece sh--!" HA!
                              Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

Working...
                              X