Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update: Renderings and Video Progress of the Chip Foose Modified John Deere 4020 Big Buck Tractor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update: Renderings and Video Progress of the Chip Foose Modified John Deere 4020 Big Buck Tractor

Re: Update: Renderings and Video Progress of the Chip Foose Modified John Deere 4020 Big Buck Tracto

Dang Chip Foose stole my idea again... ;D

Comment

Re: Update: Renderings and Video Progress of the Chip Foose Modified John Deere

does anyone else think that looks more like a lawn tractor?

Comment

Re: Update: Renderings and Video Progress of the Chip Foose Modified John Deere 4020 Big Buck Tracto

Does anyone else think that Foose is over exposed, over marketed etc? I like the guy's work, but its becoming so shallow given that he is stretched so thin that I'm at the point of ... so what another Foose signature design.

Honestly, a Foose tractor is absurd. A tractor is all about hard work and productivity; hot rodded as a Foose design strikes me as akin to sticking a lineback in a tutu. Incongruent.

Bob

Comment

Surely the Tractor Puller guys have been hot rodding tractors for years, now put a quad blown Hemi tractor on the street and you have my attention!

UK Journo

Comment

I think you miss my point, "hot rodded as a Foose design" is not an indictment of tractoring pulling, but an indictment of a design excercise. I'm perfectly ok with tractor pulling and the awesome machines that participate.

Comment

Bob, I see where you are going and it is tough to deny that we aren't approaching the Foose saturation point. I am a fan of this project mainly because I have an odd addiction to tractors and taking one and making it "racy" appeals to me in a weird way.

Did you watch the video? My favorite thing about the build is the scale of the thing. The rendering does make this piece look like a lawn tractor, but in reality, it is a very large machine.

I'll admit to not liking the "roof".

Brian
              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I think I know what you're saying Brian. I've got a JD, a Case, and an 8n. I like tractors.

I think its trying to "Foose" something the size of a real tractor that sort of grates.

Maybe my "beaker of Foose" is full; I loved his style and builds for years. Lately it wouldn't surprise me if I went into the grocery store and could buy the "Foose" designed Crest toothpaste tube.

Comment

Originally posted by horsewidower
                  Lately it wouldn't surprise me if I went into the grocery store and could buy the "Foose" designed Crest toothpaste tube.
                  I'm brushing with some right now and mt breath is "Foose-fresh"! :D

That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Ha!!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Oldspowered
                        First laugh of the day, thanks for that. And, yep.

Comment

Coddington is turning over in his billet coffin right now...

Comment

I am a little torn on this one also...I like Foose in the sense that he's an amazing artist and from what I can gather genuinely a nice guy. He's got a great ability to look at something and know what it will take to "smooth" out the look.

With that said I am finding his stuff as of late (bracing for angry people returning fire) a little bit one dimensional. Streamline, two tone, wheels. And you have a Chip Foose design. Not saying his style doesn't work. I am just personally bored with it. Even looking at this tractor, it's almost too obvious that it's a Foose design. I dunno. I suppose as long as the masses love his work he's making huge money....I just miss his early days where seeing a Chip Foose car would blow me away.

And yeah, having Chip Foose design a JD is without a doubt the brain child of a bunch of suits sitting around trying to think of some crazzzzzzy idea that will cause shock and awe. Probably not going to impress too many guys out there making a living with their machines. The concept seemed cool until the actual lameness seeped through for me.
                            www.Nightmare-Motorsports.com

Comment

That's Industrial Design folks.
                              look at a typewriter and its changes from manual, electric to the keyboard you're using right now.

I met Chip and got a tour of his shop some years ago. a really nice guy and he has an eye for great design and knows the beginnings of industrial design age - streamlining and simplifying shapes.
                              although in my opinion, some features don't really "work" for the overall design (spreader bar).

proportion and shape integration makes the object "pleasant" to the eye.

just my opinion.

hey, i'm a newbie! my first post!

"Good projects always have a good coat of primer."

Comment

Working...
                              X