Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craigslist Pick: Big Buck 1952 Ford Truck

Re: Craigslist Pick: Big Buck 1952 Ford Truck

I agree that the price is about double what it ought to be. One of the little Sanden compressors hidden down low would have been a much better choice - but I would HAVE to have air given that we live in the South. Cool truck, though.

Dan

Comment

Price is far too high, especially in the current economy. I agree, that A/C comp. needs to be relocated for sure, and the coolant pipes need to be redone with some proper tubing instead of 3 feet of flex rad hose per side. If you're going to run a flattie, it's all about the looks.

cheers
      Ed N.
      Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
      07 Mustang GT with some stuff
      88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

This is a combination of styles or eras that I just don't like. The flattie belongs in an old school style...simple paint, maybe scallops, painted steelies and whitewalls, maybe tuck and roll. As the truck is, it feels like a late model 5.0 or 4.6 would be in order. Just my opinion, and the reason why I should never be a car show judge.
        My good friend Bob and I have decided the only thing better than a way cool car, perfectly executed, is a way cool car with one flaw that we can pick apart.

Comment

It's a stretch calling this a restoration. Still, Lamont clearly sold alot of junk to fix her up

Comment

This is the typical conundrum that has plagued hot rodders for years, namely, building something that YOU like and then attempting to sell it and recoup the cost of the build. Taste being a subjective thing, what YOU like doesn't always translate into something that I will like, or HE/SHE will like. Most any rodder will tell you that unless you're Steve Moal, Roy Brizio, Troy Trepanier or any of a number of high $, top-shelf-quality builders, you're going to take a bath on the selling price compared to the build cost, simply because the vehicle was YOUR vision, not the buyers.

Comment

nice truck,, but 52k
              and the fattie.. that only takes away from it..
              that engines kool in a car or a rod.. but NOT a truck..
              unless it's a 40 ford p/u ;D
              the a/c thing.. all the post are about the looks of it..
              what the fattie have 80-100 hp.. then ad a/c
              a chevette would be faster..
              t bird v8 would have been a better "fit"
              but I'm just a chevy guy ;) :-\

Comment

Working...
              X