X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Speedy Says: Here are the Rules NASCAR Should Adopt

Originally posted by std
    Originally posted by Speedzzter.blogspot
    See Junior's Daytona 500 report card at http://www.bangshift.com/blog/Speedy...othole-500.htm
    Originally posted by std
    He should have won. He screwed around to long in the middle of the pack and then the yellows at the end didn't leave him enough time to get up front
    DUDE! The main reason he got to the front was the multiple "green/white/checker" restarts! Before all of the "yellows" he was mired deep in the field. Moreover, if JR is such a brilliant racer, he'd be paying attention to the lap count (so he'd have enough "time" to satiate the legions of sycophants in the "Earnhardt Nation.")

So why was Jr the only one to go from like 18th to 2nd during the green/white/ checker? Looked like passed some pretty good drivers to get there. Did they move over and let him by?
    Why Y E S , he asked for some gray pupon

Comment

It's not like JR was the only driver that moved up in the order during all of the restarts. http://www.nascar.com/2010/races/lap...ona/index.html Several cars wrecked . . . half of the lead lap cars pitted on lap 195. Edwards, Kenseth, Stewart all substantially moved up in the order during the shuffling.

In NASCAR fantasy league scoring, JR was "only 11th in quality passes (197 passes of cars in the Top 15 under green flag conditions). The other three Hendrick cars finished outside the Top 10, with Mark Martin in 12th, Jeff Gordon 26th after triggering a late wreck, and Jimmie Johnson, who spent time in the garage, ending with a 35th-place result." http://rotoexperts.com/content/view/5274/249/

Comment

This is not fantasy land, real life ,real racing, like it or not.

Comment

The fantasy leagues keep track of things like number and difficulty of passes during the races, so their stat summaries are useful to reconstruct a race without full access to lap-by-lap scoring data.

Comment

Point being? still not real life ,real problems

Comment

The point is that the geeks who bothered to track stuff like how many Top 15 cars JR passed during the Daytona 500 apparently weren't as impressed as his legion of fans here at Bangshift.com.

One could argue that NOTHING that happens in NASCAR is "real life." It's a sport! Sports are contrived and artificial happenings based on an arbitrary set of rules. If it ceased to exist tomorrow, "real life" would go on for the billions who inhabit this planet. While NASCAR does have a huge economic impact, probably only a few thouand people at most are directly affected by the results of a NASCAR race. Everyone else chooses to feel "affected."

Comment

Negativity is unbecoming of you speedy, NASCAR does have an economic impact, like any other industry, and that is what is , I guess thats why NCDMV issues Manufacturing Plates to those who build race cars.
                The point is Fantasy league has little to do with real racing ,emotions, decisions on final finishes.

Comment

so seedy, your fantasy "quailty pass b/s"
                  so how do those geeks score that..
                  in real racing passing with an ill handle'n car is a harder pass than in one on rails..
                  a REAL issue that your geeks seem to leave out of the formula..
                  seems they think passing in the draft. where alot of drivers will follow JR is (to them) a harder pass , than when it's the last few laps and no one is giving you anything..
                  because if I read your post, those passes are easy passes to the fantasy geeks score card..
                  but, thats why its "fantasy" league
                  easy passs, ya right.. like they waved him by.

Comment

in phantasy cup - bill elliott is 31 years old and winning all the races
                    like that ever happened

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
                      in phantasy cup - bill elliott is 31 years old and winning all the races
                      like that ever happened
                      You're on a hot streak....that's f'n hilarious. :D
                      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

OK back to real questions....So Speedy, who do you think won the race and what rules would you have to assure that would happen?

I hope that doesn't sound like a smartallecy question. I don't like the G/W/C ending. I think when the laps are up the race is over.
                        Cognizant Dissident

Comment

I apologize if this has been brought up, but..

I think that one of the largest obstacles to any substantive changes to the form of the cars is that to the current generation of "regular" or casual fans, the implication of the changes would be lost. Also, when compared to the personalities of the drivers, the drama, and some of the other factors that NASCAR has willingly allowed to be played up for ratings and money, most people could care less about technical factors involved in the cars. I don't subscribe to this personally, but I think it still applies. And it's the regular/casual folks that pay the freight. Buy the T-shirts, jackets, collectible cars, etc.

It's like the whole "Chicks dig the long ball" thing in Baseball. Hardcore fans love a good pitching duel like nothing else, but it's the 1-0 games that the casual fans bitch about the most. And they pump the money into the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Sport

I think that one of the largest obstacles to any substantive changes to the form of the cars is that to the current generation of "regular" or casual fans, the implication of the changes would be lost. Also, when compared to the personalities of the drivers, the drama, and some of the other factors that NASCAR has willingly allowed to be played up for ratings and money, most people could care less about technical factors involved in the cars. I don't subscribe to this personally, but I think it still applies. And it's the regular/casual folks that pay the freight. Buy the T-shirts, jackets, collectible cars, etc.

It's like the whole "Chicks dig the long ball" thing in Baseball. Hardcore fans love a good pitching duel like nothing else, but it's the 1-0 games that the casual fans bitch about the most. And they pump the money into the sport.
                            At which point, it's no longer sport, , it's entertainment.

Comment

Originally posted by Not A Duster

hay brainyac
                              sports ARE entertainment..
                              why else would american's watch tv for hours every year.. on motorsport/ski'n/baseball/foolball/basketball/etc/etc/etc
                              cause it's ENTERTAINMENT.. otherwise they'd be out doing it.. out play'n baseball or whatever with their buddies..
                              wow your a smartie

Comment

Originally posted by IRONHEAD
                                Originally posted by Not A Duster

hay brainyac
                                sports ARE entertainment..
                                why else would american's watch tv for hours every year.. on motorsport/ski'n/baseball/foolball/basketball/etc/etc/etc
                                cause it's ENTERTAINMENT.. otherwise they'd be out doing it.. out play'n baseball or whatever with their buddies..
                                wow your a smartie

Don't push it with the attitude, buddy....

Comment

Working...
                                X