No announcement yet.

The Ultimate Stick Shift Training Vehicle, the Cummins Powered 2010 Ram 3500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ultimate Stick Shift Training Vehicle, the Cummins Powered 2010 Ram 3500

Re: The Ultimate Stick Shift Training Vehicle, the Cummins Powered 2010 Ram 3500

Since when?!?!?!?!? Last I knew NOBODY makes a stick truck at all?
    This would be great news if they were starting again!!

Comment

Re: The Ultimate Stick Shift Training Vehicle, the Cummins Powered 2010 Ram 3500

Dude, that was written a year ago and the video in the item was posted a couple days ago, the guy's story is flat wrong. I don't think it is a camera trick that the guy and girl are driving a brand new Dodge truck. Ford has a manual trans option in 2010 models as well.

That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

As some one who learn to drive stick in a VW diesel 4-banger I hate that truck. See the VW had enough torque so that if you let the clutch out wrong from a standing start it wouldn't stall, it would just buck like a wild bull.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
          Dude, that was written a year ago and the video in the item was posted a couple days ago, the guy's story is flat wrong. I don't think it is a camera trick that the guy and girl are driving a brand new Dodge truck. Ford has a manual trans option in 2010 models as well.
          Don't get me wrong, I didn't say that I don't believe it!! I'm just excited that stick trucks are making a comeback.

I know that no one made a stick truck at all last year, 1/2, 3/4 or 1 ton. Its good to see that I might have buying options after our NY winters turn my current truck to dust.....

I was pretty pissed because the 5sp Silverado I bought in 06 was the last year for stick trucks from GM. Even then I had to order it without a test drive of a comparable model, cause their weren't any in a 500 mile radius!! To get the stick in a 1/2 ton I had to give up the 5.3, power windows and door locks.(stick was only avalible in the work truck package) At least they let me option it with 4.10's, LSD, nice seat, tinted rear window and chrome bumper.....

Comment

Ford has a manual trans option in 2010 models as well.
            maybe they negotiated a deal with AAA - manual trans makes it easier to get on the flatbed
            www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
              Ford has a manual trans option in 2010 models as well.
              maybe they negotiated a deal with AAA - manual trans makes it easier to get on the flatbed

Ouch....wonder who that was directed at...? ;D

Excellent smackdown Mr. Geek

Comment

Yeah, it is pretty easy driving a stick with a diesel. My uncle has a ram that I got the chance to drive once, and I had a blast. I accidentally started in 4th instead of 2nd, and it just pulled through. It wasn't as quick off the line as it should have been, which was how I realized it was in 4th.

Comment

Looks like I am the idiot.... I know I looked at the beginning of last year and couldn't find any available, but it looks like there were some out there.

Its too bad only the 2010 3500 Dodges are sticks, no 3/4 tons......

Now if they would just come out with a tough 6 speed for the half tons..... I'd love to have a 1500 silverado with the vortec max 6.2 and a six speed!

Comment

Originally posted by andy30thz
                    Its too bad only the 2010 3500 Dodges are sticks, no 3/4 tons......
                    I know the '10 Ram 2500's you can get with a stick, I think it has to be with the cummins though. I just built one online a few days ago, just daydreaming, and it seems that 3500's only come in a dually setup now, and that a similarly equipped 2500 (diesel, stick, vinyl seats) will cost about $1,000 more than the 3500.

Comment

Originally posted by moparmaniac07
                      I know the '10 Ram 2500's you can get with a stick, I think it has to be with the cummins though.
                      You're right! I obviously don't know what the hell I'm talking about.....wow....I'll just shut all ready!!
                      Its too bad you can't get the new Dodges with a stick and gasser motor. My buddys 05 Hemi 2500 reg cab stick truck is pretty fun!
                      I love the diesels, but man thats a lot of extra coin when I never haul anything.

Comment

diesel=nobody wins = they don't pay enough to fix and cost the customer far too much money

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
                          diesel=nobody wins = they don't pay enough to fix and cost the customer far too much money
                          Huh?

So my 227k mile Cummins Powered Diesel 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 w/6spd must be getting fixed late at night when nobody else is around and somebody else must be paying for it.

Find me another kind of vehicle that can easily pull my enclosed trailer filled with whatever you want to put in it. I regularly pull 8000-1000lbs in very hilly terrain with no effort whatsoever - right pass the gas powered trucks struggling with the same load.

NOTHING pulls like a diesel. I've got 555 ft-lbs of torque - at 1400rpm! And that Cummins will be running decades after the gasser motor has been rebuilt for the 3rd time. And will be getting close to twice the mileage.

I will admit that if something bad goes wrong, they are more expensive to repair. But they don't fail as often to begin with. Plus, it's also more expensive to fix your 600hp project motor with forged crank, etc. You gotta pay to play.

Comment

One other thing...

I love my Cummins motor. It's a torque beast, and the advantages over the Max and the PStroke are the low RPM torque (which equals better fuel mileage while pulling) and the longer service life.

The one potential down side is that the Cummins runs out of steam earlier in the RPM range as well. So, if you have a 6spd like I do, plan to do a LOT of shifting if you're driving around town. Because of all the snow, I've been using the Dodge as my daily driver for the past week. It's not a "fast" truck out of the hole. And from stop light to stop light you're constantly shifting. My usable power band is between 900rpm and around 2300rpm.

However, I "can" start out in 4th gear if I want....

Comment

Amen ponchoman.

Guys that try to tell you that the "Big Gasser Engines pull just as good as a diesel!" have obviously never towed with a Cummins.

As far as "nobody winning" - what spidey meant to say was "that damn Cummins spends so much less time in the shop than a Duramax or Powerstroke, I can't make any money off of it" and possibly "The Duramax and Powerstroke are so ridiculously hard to work on, I can't make any money off of it"

I agree with those points.
                              www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Working...
                              X