Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Read: Could Ford Pass GM in Sales?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Read: Could Ford Pass GM in Sales?

Re: Great Read: Could Ford Pass GM in Sales?

thats good..
    it'll get both to really work on bury'n toyota..
    and that be great..
    and make both stronger,,
    but don't hold your breath..
    I can see g.m. having an end of year sale with a fed tax rebate..

Comment

Salewise, the Camaro doing very well - they just added a 3rd shift at the plant that builds them
      However - Ford is coming on very strong, and has some exciting stuff in the wings.
      I could see it happening, and not even be surprised to see Ford lead American auto production once again.
      Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

While I would celebrate it, I doubt it will happen. For all its warts, "Government Motors" still has a fairly large customer base and many attractive models. GM has a broader line-up than most other OEMs. Moreover, Toyota's fall from grace is probably just temporary. The boys from Tokyo will strike back with a vengeance. Count on it.

Comment

I think Toyota's in a lot more trouble than you think. When they're forced to admit that it's an electronic issue, and that they don't know how to fix it, the shit will really hit the fan. I predict they'll have to recall about every vehicle they've sold in the last 10 years, and their reputation will be mud for a long time when it comes out how they've tampered with NHTSA to avoid recalls over this issue while people died. By the time the lawyers and the government and the media are done with them, THEY'LL need a bailout from Japan Inc..

As for Ford taking over the number 1 spot, that would be good for me, I guess we'll see. It seems like a whole lot of the guys at work are buying 2011MY 5.0L Mustangs, and there's a good chance I'll be one of them. Seems like it'll be a hot seller, and the V6 version is a big step up too. Lots of good products now, and some good momentum finally.

Comment

Yoda recalled 10,000 Trucks today due to a driveshaft issue.

They've not bottomed out yet.
            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver68RT
              By the time the lawyers and the government and the media are done with them, THEY'LL need a bailout from Japan Inc..
              They already got one last year.

Comment

Cash for clunkers doesn't count because that was our government. I doubt Japan would let Toyota fail, much the same way that Wall Street got bailed out, and I honestly think the scale of the problem they've got could bankrupt them.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver68RT
                  Cash for clunkers doesn't count because that was our government. I doubt Japan would let Toyota fail, much the same way that Wall Street got bailed out, and I honestly think the scale of the problem they've got could bankrupt them.
                  It wasn't cash for clunkers, Japan's government actually gave toyota over a billion dollars back when GM and Chrysler were getting the loans. Nobody jumped on that story though, they kept bashing the big 3 and saying toyota didn't need a bailout like detroit did.

Comment

Tacomas running away too?

That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I doubt there's a Toyota / Lexus with electronic throttle that doesn't have a problem. I saw something that indicated that half of the unintended acceleration complaints are against models that haven't been recalled. They were already losing billions before this, the recalls will cost billions, the lost market share will cost billions upon billions, their damaged resale value and lost premium pricing will cost billions, and the lawsuits will cost billions. I don't think they'll disappear, but I think we're watching the destruction of a brand image on an epic scale.

Comment

not this year , but since 1927 - for ford - there is always next year

Comment

WSJ.COM 1/10 SALES

1 - GM - 145 , 804
                          2- FORD - 112,149
                          3-TOYOTA -98,796
                          ford surpassed toyota for the first time in a few years
                          YAY !!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X