• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craigslist Find: A Cool 1949 Ford Double Front-Ender

Re: Craigslist Find: A Cool 1949 Ford Double Front-Ender

nice..
    15k is a little tall.
    but you couldn't do the same thing for less.. if it was a company show piece.. the body work was done correctly, an with a 49, if done back then. would've been pick and file and lead, no bondo.

Comment

Think of the necks that would snap while you drive that one in at a GoodGuys or NSRA event.
      Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

from the link: "If we sold it, the price would be high, $15,000."

I saw a mid 70s chevy pickup double front in the north side of Phx 20 some years ago, had the rear headlights red (spotlight lenses?).

Could make a Crown Vic version....it's a blob, like the 49, it would work pretty well.

This one was probably done in the 60s-70s
        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I've seen this done with a Honda Civic. It was parked on the dealer's lot. Being front wheel drive you could drive it from either end. I dig the extended Ford Econoline cargo van parked next to the '49 Ford. My older cousin had one back in the 70's. Straight 6 with a column shift. Root beer brown with "custom" wood plank bumpers. I remember him blasting Manfred Mann's "Blinded by the Light" on house speakers and introducing me to Led Zeppelin. Yeah......those were the days

Comment

Rare video of a K-Car double front ender
            Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Working...
            X