Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rustbucket Tulsa Time-Capsule Plymouth Currently Resides in Jersey

Re: Rustbucket Tulsa Time-Capsule Plymouth Currently Resides in Jersey

that first pic with the jackstands, anybody know who makes them?

Comment

I guess that car needs jackstands with wheels....ain't gonna be rolling any time soon

from our trip
      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

The front hubcap looks new

Comment

the jackstands are sold by backyard buddy.

Comment

The hubcaps are stainless steel. Not much rust action on them.
            My fabulous web page

Comment

"There are holes in the valve covers" must be the understatement of the year ;D

Comment

Before the NYT story, there was a good write-up and photo spread on the "de-rustification" of "Miss Belvedere" in the obscure "Auto Restorer" magazine http://www.autorestorermagazine.com/...aspx?AID=29010. Coincidence or Jayson Blair journalism? You make the call. :o

I suspect "Miss Belvedere" could be sufficiently stabilized for a muesum tour. It's already been lifted up out of a hole and transported thousands of miles without incident. I hope it eventually finds a permanent home in a major muesum (e.g. LeMay, Henry Ford, National Automobile Museum/Reno, Walter P. Chrysler).

Comment

The problem is getting rid of the stink....man, that car is smelly!

My fabulous web page

Comment

no surprise that Dwight Foster/Ultra One Corporation is in Jersey...garden staters know that rust never sleeps especially when mixed with road salt
                    a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Fitting place to send a rusted out shit box. Jersey.
                      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Wow, that was 3 years ago already! Time sure is passing me by.......
                        Reading , Pa
                        Good Guys rodders rep.
                        "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                        Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Hell if that family that got the car is not going to put it back together give to some one who will. Its a part of oklahoma's history. Hell New Jerse only knows how to make them rust then we go buy them and put them back together.
                          My name is michael turner a oklahoma for life and respects the oklahoma history.

Comment

I don't know if you've seen the car up close, or ever "put a car back together" yourself, but I have done both, and it ain't going back together, it's way too far gone. It's an object of art now.

My fabulous web page

Comment

ultra low miles, garage kept, all numbers matching... :P

Comment

Working...
                              X