• Show
Clear All

• Barnstormin': Mental Notes Just Shy of My 30th Birthday

Re: Barnstormin': Mental Notes Just Shy of My 30th Birthday

Good stuff, Brian... good stuff... ;)
    Still plays with trucks....

Comment

30 is just another birthday - and they only count if you insist on it.
      No sweat.
      Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Happy b-day.
        I am in the age group, older by a few years. I am glad to see embedded motorhead as motivation...and smart enough to gather it here.

Now if I had been driven around in a race car instead of a vw beetle when I was in the oven.... :D
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Thank you, reading that made my day.

Comment

Brain,
            Congrats on the up coming birthday.. I read your story and it made me smile today.. The part about workin with your boy Tom and him learing a few new words was great. It only seems like yesterday I was asking my boy were the 7/16 wrench was and him telling me it was in the "big tube" IE header along with a few other missing tools I could not find for a few days. Just about two weeks ago a few buddies of mine and myself went to a local sports bar to shoot some pool talk racing and have a few cold one's and as I was about to shoot I heard "hey pop's" it was my son just 15 years later down the road.. they grow fast....And very nice job on the story and the site.. I have fun everyday on it !.. Enjoy that birthday because 40 somthin is just around the bend.

Chuy

Comment

Happy Birthday Brian - good health to you and your family and many, many more birthdays to come.
              Keep up the good work and thanks for putting up with US and letting us hang out at BS.
              Phil / Omaha

Comment

Congrats Brian, I am 1 1/2 behind you. It seem that we have alot of late 20's to early 40's guys here (I know thats a big age bracket) seems like at most tracks and car shows there are way more 50+ guys (who are cool too).

Comment

Happy Early Birthday Brian! Mine's coming up later this year

Why is it that when I have the time I don't have the parts and when I have the parts I don't have the time?
                  Oh how I remember this dilemma in College. Though it was more with money, I either had time or money, never both at once :'( BUT that made one of my goals, once I was out of college I wanted to be sure I had both time and money at the same time. So far I've been pretty happy with the combination. Though admittedly I'd be willing to give up some/(most?) of both now to start a family (don't tell my Mom! :P), but Ely hasn't been to conducive to that, so I'm not really ignoring one for the other.

You may not believe this, but Chad Reynolds, my better half here at Bangshift.com is one of the smartest guys I have ever met. When he is not jamming his head into ProCharger F-4 blowers, he's making stuff happen. From his skills as a wrench and a fab man to his ability to edit insane video, the man is oddly impressive. (Man, I hope he doesn't read this.)
                  Would you go so far to say he's also inordinately affable? ;D But you are right, you hit the nail in the head. Chad impresses me at every turn in the shear diversity of his experience, knowledge and skills. Brian, I need to see your welding skills ;D

I'm way over that now. The shop will come eventually, but I've taken a strange liking to winter wrenching.
                  Amen! And you got a small wrenching buddy too ;)

I could further break down this Barnstormin, but I don't need to comment on every part. You're spot on about Keith, and that is some great history you have and accomplishing your high school ten year prediction. Hope to catch up with you in person again sometime in the future.

Thanks again to Brian and Chad for the sacrafices they've made to make and keep this place a place I want to keep coming back too.
                  Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

It's a privilege to read your life's revelations, you remind me of mine and for that I thank you. I predict when you hit the big 4-0h that you'll prefer watching jackass antics in Geos through you windshield as opposed to your rear view. I know I do now.

Comment

Thanks for sharing all that, sounds like you're enjoying life, every minute of it and that's the only way to go! Wow you're coming up on 30 years, you don't have a clue as to what I'd give to be coming up on 30 years again! Anyway keep up the great work, I enjoy the heck out of your blogs and I always try to keep up with them.

Comment

Happy Birthday Brian. I turned 51 last month. I still "think" like I'm 18, but my body feels 75. I've been driving trucks the last 13 years, I always though I could just go back and wrench if I felt like it. Well, the last couple months I've been helping at my friends truck repair shop....when did I get so old? At the end of the day EVERYTHING hurts. I used to heft 115 lb. brake drums like they were nothing, not anymore. I can't get my fat ass between the tandem axles to grease the intermediate driveshaft. I have to have bright light shining on everything to even see it, and need several pairs of glasses for different things, just like Fred Sanford.
                        For years I had no money to build a rod. Raising a family on $12 an hour, ya know. Then the kids got older, and I made lots more money. But I had to work 60-70 hours to make it, so now no time. Now, I'm divorced, and kids are all grown. I'm unemployed, house in foreclosure, and ex wife up my ass for maintenance. Time, no money, and no energy. Maybe someday all the ducks will be in a row.

Comment

Happy B-day Bruab! May the next 30 years be the best 30.

My turn is in August.
                          The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Happy Birthday Brian, you old fart! :D
                            Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Happy Birthday....... dink. ;D

You do remember which end of that tester goes in the engine right? Maybe you could check with Tom to be sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X