Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carnage Video Pair: Hitting the Christmas Tree

Re: Carnage Video Pair: Hitting the Christmas Tree

I was once partners on an old front motor dragster. The previous owner showed us previous chassis repairs on this poor handling car, claiming it was to help it handle better. We raced it a few times, it was still lettered from the previous owner. Then one day we took it to Union Grove. The driver did the burnout and staged. Broadway Bob came running over screaming and giving the "slash across the throat" sign, so he shut off and we pushed out of the way. Broadway came over and said "I thought I told you assholes to NEVER bring that car back after you ran over my Tree."
    It took some convincing to get him to let us run, and that we were different owners. He let us make a couple squirts to prove the driver could get it past the tree. But that was an evil handling car.

Comment

This happened last year at Pomona..

Comment

I was once partners on an old front motor dragster. The previous owner showed us previous chassis repairs on this poor handling car, claiming it was to help it handle better. We raced it a few times, it was still lettered from the previous owner. Then one day we took it to Union Grove. The driver did the burnout and staged. Broadway Bob came running over screaming and giving the "slash across the throat" sign, so he shut off and we pushed out of the way. Broadway came over and said "I thought I told you assholes to NEVER bring that car back after you ran over my Tree."
        It took some convincing to get him to let us run, and that we were different owners. He let us make a couple squirts to prove the driver could get it past the tree. But that was an evil handling car.

Hilarious story! Now if I can just market my Nerf Tree...

Comment

Working...
        X