Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Book Review : The Ultimate American V-8 Engine Data Book 2nd Edition

Re: Book Review : The Ultimate American V-8 Engine Data Book 2nd Edition

anything in this about all the engineering marvals that never got passed the testing stage?????
    as that would be a better look at what they had in the oven before it's time..

also does it report correctly the really power numbers of the older engines that make the mid 70's engine look weaker than they are..
    is there a balance and all rated with gross or net power or both..
    I;d like to know what a 225hp 302 would compare to in the late 60's early 70's
    as those gross numbers are just that gross..
    same with the 245 hp 350sbc and the power glory days
    specs are great if your testing faxtors are the same.. if it's just factory copy..
    it's not much passed a trivia book

Comment

Hi,

I think you should read my book and then make your comments. I am a product of the muscle car era- among the cars I have owned are two Boss 429 Mustangs (one which was featured in Hot Rod Magazine) and a 1968 Shelby Mustang.

That said, I can assure you that I have always been interested in engines and I have tried to do the same here. For example, there are engines which rarely get any written play- some examples: the 494 aluminum Ford Can Am, the Ford SOHC 427, the experimental Boss 302 that featured completely different heads, the Tunnel Port 302, Pontiac's 421 DOHC, Pontiac's Ram Air V- to name a few- all these engines are in my book. Why? Because they really are interesting.

There's a lot of mundane information in the book- but there is also lots of material which you'll find interesting.

Thank you for your comments.

Peter C. Sessler

Comment

Peter, thanks for joining up!

Your book is sitting right next to me as I type this. I've got the first edition too.

Like I said in the review, two BangShift.com thumbs up!

Brian
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I will be in the store looking for this book,seeing how they all compare

Comment

Originally posted by pcsessler
            Hi,

I think you should read my book and then make your comments. I am a product of the muscle car era- among the cars I have owned are two Boss 429 Mustangs (one which was featured in Hot Rod Magazine) and a 1968 Shelby Mustang.

That said, I can assure you that I have always been interested in engines and I have tried to do the same here. For example, there are engines which rarely get any written play- some examples: the 494 aluminum Ford Can Am, the Ford SOHC 427, the experimental Boss 302 that featured completely different heads, the Tunnel Port 302, Pontiac's 421 DOHC, Pontiac's Ram Air V- to name a few- all these engines are in my book. Why? Because they really are interesting.

There's a lot of mundane information in the book- but there is also lots of material which you'll find interesting.

Thank you for your comments.

Peter C. Sessler

I've got vol. I on the book shelf..
            and I'm sure this one will be just as good..
            but I'd like to see .a book that list all the factoids and list the gross and net output.. thats all..
            just for the fact of see'n just how close the mid to late 80's powerplants where to the glory days..
            I haven't seen that done.. and it would be kool if it was added info. on top of all the tidbits in your books..
            was not knocking it at all...
            but it's hard to look at spec's when the rules along the way changed..
            haven't seen the new book.. does the spec's in/on the newer stuff in metric or english.. or both..
            do you have a sku # for this book (I'm sure you do,,) it make it easier to find in most online book stores..

Comment

Working...
            X