Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Race Track Safety Story Paints NASCAR Tracks in Glowing Light, Seems Like Slap at NHRA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Race Track Safety Story Paints NASCAR Tracks in Glowing Light, Seems Like Slap at NHRA

Re: Race Track Safety Story Paints NASCAR Tracks in Glowing Light, Seems Like Slap at NHRA

sorry brain, but they blasted nascar when eiry ervans hood sailed into the fans a few years ago..
    nothing new here.. and they'd didn't just pick on dragracing..
    as far as the big E seatbelts.. no one question them as seen as he had been through how many superspeedway mishaps before that one?
    so you bringing that up. is no better than fox news little angle..
    it's so easy to state stuff after the fact..
    no matter what happened, you'lll never make watching motorsports live, 100% safe..
    and anyone that can google can see the NHRA has changed rules yearly to try to make it safe..
    news doesn't care about that.. they only want a story people will read..
    most that do read it, have no clue about anything in NHRA other than "isn't that where all the street racing comes from"
    again everyone can get on the bandwagon after the fact..
    doesn't help in anyway,shape or form,,
    it's like englishtown no one cared the track ended at a puplic road untill last year.. same thing..
    after the fact , easy to point fingers

Comment

Re: Race Track Safety Story Paints NASCAR Tracks in Glowing Light, Seems Like Slap at NHRA

I think the writer has drunk the NASCAR Kool-Aid, and the editor said we need something timely about killing fans with car parts.
      Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by studemax
        I think the writer has drunk the NASCAR Kool-Aid, and the editor said we need something timely about killing fans with car parts.
        I think the latter.. and that the writer has no clue about either form of racing..
        but if you look at all the nascar stuff in the last 10 years,.. alot has changed in the name of safety..
        if you look at NHRA , as an outsider , looking up info. there isn't much to go on..
        no kool aid needed.. nascar you got soft walls/higher catch fence/ cot. even a little plate to slow the cars..
        on the otherside you got.. guy dies so they short'n track lenth.. how old are blower straps?
        oil down diepers/ break away top fuel chassis..
        I'd say the writer never seen or cared about anything in racing untill the ed. said , get me a story

Comment

The belts get replaced every run, the diapers or buckets are all SFI.
          Originally posted by TC
          also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

The fact that FOX Sports broadcasts half the Nascar season had nothing to do with the glowing review either I'm sure. I hate to say it but I don't trust anything coming from the FOX organization.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by A/Fuel
              The belts get replaced every run, the diapers or buckets are all SFI.
              yes, but play along, your a writer.. don't care about racing..
              you look up safety.. what you come up with in the last 4-5 years
              as far as either one. not much in the way of the fans..
              the belts and guards are not new,
              as an outsider , the writer goes oh, wow nascar changed the walls, hell the whole car, etc
              it's easy to think NHRA was sitting on it's hands, we know they arenot. hell most racers bitch about all the safety rule..
              they needed a story. and printed one..

Comment

Originally posted by joebogey
                The fact that FOX Sports broadcasts half the Nascar season had nothing to do with the glowing review either I'm sure. I hate to say it but I don't trust anything coming from the FOX organization.
                doubt that.. fox has blasted nascar when it felt the need..
                but them having the broadcast might have let the writer see the safety changes happening over time, something, he might not have seen or heard about in NHRA..

Comment

Working...
                X