Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NASCAR's Kurt Busch To Run Super Gas at Gatornationals in Street Legal Hemi Challenger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NASCAR's Kurt Busch To Run Super Gas at Gatornationals in Street Legal Hemi Challenger

Originally posted by studemax
    guess it's the "Green Rule," huh? You know... He Who Has the Green Makes the Rules.
    Ron, the green rule has ALWAYS been in force - quit whining.
    Would you prefer he go Top Fuel racing?
    Or drive a bone stock Maverick with an inline six?
    Ceee-riminy.
    Given the choice, I would rather see him drive the Maverick.

I am not whining. I was just wondering why he can circumvent rules everyone else must follow.

ROn
    It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Re: NASCAR's Kurt Busch To Run Super Gas at Gatornationals in Street Legal Hemi Challenger

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
      why the turbo for S/G ?
      hell you can run super gas with a 3500 dollar motor and win
      since it is a 9.90 class - nhra competition license needed -up to date sfi certs , chassis cert parachute ,faa physical and all that
      Spidey,

He built the car to be street legal. When it is all said and done, it should be dipping in the 7-second zone. My guess is he is using the NHRA race as a chance to showcase the car and get some laps on it for seat time. You and I both know that he will be first round fodder for the regular guys in S/G, but he will get the car in front of potential sponsors. The NHRA does not run Super Street at national events or he would probably run it in that class. From what I know of the car, he really is considering running in True Street with the NMCA and similar classes with other organizations.

Ron
      It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

I was just wondering why he can circumvent rules everyone else must follow.
        What rules are you referring to, Ron?

Near as I can tell, he IS NOT required to run a divisional meet to run a national meet.
        I understand that is only required to gain points for a championship (which he is not trying to do).
        All the man wants to do is go fast, be safe, and have fun.
        Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

I'd watch him race just because that car is so bad ass.
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

My pinheaded NASCAR friends weren't even impressed when I told them he had to turn right at the end of the strip.
            Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Ward
              I mean, man, it's cool and everything that he wants to drag race, but why should he be able to slide right into the program without paying his dues like all the other super gas racers?

I guess it's the "Green Rule," huh? You know... He Who Has the Green Makes the Rules.

Ron
              no he who beings the most media coverage that we couldn't get if we payed for it .wins..
              how is this bad.. in any way.. NHRA gets free media coverage madness..
              and the cost.. let a guy that can control a nascar skip passsed a rule... of.. more or less ..seat time..

Comment

money boy will go out in the first round -Iggie Boicesco or Tom Seeman will shoot his eyes out on the starting line

Comment

Working...
                X