Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Detroit Not-o-Rama: You Knew There Would Be a Chopper Involved

Re: The Detroit Not-o-Rama: You Knew There Would Be a Chopper Involved

Yuk. I haven't been a fan of those gas tanks since the early 70s. SOHC Honday inline motor is probably functional and from what you can see of the bike it's not built "terribly". It probably handles like a 500lb set of barbells hanging on a broom stick.

But why?

Comment

Crappy flames. My #1 pet peeve is if you can't tape off decent flames pay somebody else to. Like me. Other than that, it's a cool 70's relic with it's plunger-type frame and coffin tank. Definately not something that was originally built in the chopper "boom" of late. Especially with the alternate power source that was very popular way back when.

Comment

Originally posted by meatwagon
        Crappy flames. My #1 pet peeve is if you can't tape off decent flames pay somebody else to. Like me. Other than that, it's a cool 70's relic with it's plunger-type frame and coffin tank. Definately not something that was originally built in the chopper "boom" of late. Especially with the alternate power source that was very popular way back when.
        Yeah, except that if you've ridden any of the "vintage" choppers and then ride a "boom" chopper, it's real clear which one is more roadworthy. I wouldn't ride that bike around a block. Honestly, I'm not a chopper guy. Or an Ape-hanger guy. My tastes run more toward baggers and bigger bikes. But if I were going to get on another long front end bike this wouldn't be it.....

Comment

The Savior frame and coffin tank is real period stuff from the era in the 70s when CB750 chops were a hot trend, but this bike looks like someone tried to "modernize" it, thus making it thoroughly suck. What that bike needs is a flake job, 20-over springer and a King and Queen seat with a whacked-out sissy bar.

Comment

^^^What the hell do you know about motorcycles?^^^
            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

As Paul Teutel Sr. might say "not enough IDEARS" on that bike.

On the other hand, if you stripped off the chrome, shot it with primer and posed a skanky tattooed biker chick next to it, they'd probably run it in "Old Skool Rodz" or some such.

Comment

i dig it....the flames blow but that aint nothing that cant be fixed...I would ride that shit out of it....
                If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I am with King Matt on the seat and sissy bar idea,other than that it would be a great bike. I was 18 in 1983, my brother-in-law had a chopped up Suzuki 550 triple, and my Dad had a 750 Triumph fully chopped, I just have a place for older bikes like that.

Comment

Originally posted by RealSteelFreak
                    I am with King Matt on the seat and sissy bar idea,other than that it would be a great bike. I was 18 in 1983, my brother-in-law had a chopped up Suzuki 550 triple, and my Dad had a 750 Triumph fully chopped, I just have a place for older bikes like that.
                    Seriously curious. I'm a little older than you. Did you guys really ride those bikes much - I mean for more than bar hopping? I've ridden a handful back then and hated every damned minute. They are the worst handling, most uncomfortable vehicles I've ever operated. The newer chopper style bikes have far better geometry and handling - though I'm not into them either. My bike gets RIDDEN. Not an insult - I'm serious. Most of the guys who have those older "chopper" style bikes (especially hardtails) never seem to ride for more than about 45 minutes without stopping. A buddy of mine built a hardtail - first time out we had to stop after 30 minutes. His wife was literally crying because her backside hurt so bad

Comment

Didnt know any better, the Triumph was just a bitch ,all the controls was on the opposite side of being normal for US riders, the 550 was a balls out ride , really not that bad.

Comment

Working...
                      X