Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Event Coverage: The 2010 Goldenchild Nationals Snowmobile Ice Drag Race

Re: Event Coverage: The 2010 Goldenchild Nationals Snowmobile Ice Drag Race

dudes - awesome photos and writeup!!!!! very cool stuff in the gallery!!
    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Yeah, 4.60s are a quite a bit off for those sleds. I have seen serious rigs around here run in the 4.20 range (Stopwatching it from the finish line, no tree) and most guys run right around 5.50s in the 800-1200cc class with production style chassis.

Comment

awesome work guys. pics look awesome. Thanks for coming up and doing the coverage. I'll try to post the link over at www.amsnow.com.

Dieter

p.s. i feel so left out hahahaha :'(

Comment

Very interesting, thats some racing I know nothiing about. I had a friend, quite a bit older than me ,Robert Glover from Montpilier Vermont, who had told me of drag racing on frozen lakes and also climbing some frozen falls there also. I say this would be something to see.
          Thanks for the suffering to bring us coverage Brian.

Comment

Actually you know what D, you're right. If it weren't for you we'd have no freaking idea the race was going on.

For the record, Dieter told us we needed to check this thing out and he was 100% right, it was bad ass. He even answered lots of our dumbass questions about the awesome sleds.

Jerry, no suffering involved. :D

Brian
            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

wow. lots of photos. thanks!
              I have never seen a four cyl in a sled.

for an idea of what it his for these machines to hook up, here is 152 mph in 1000 feet.

Maine 1000 Foot snowmobile speed run Record by Keith Wood and Team Woody'sFebruary 21, 2010152.64 MPH
              Previously boxer3main
              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

GREAT PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                JUST WONDERING HOW TO ORDER A COUPLE?
                COULD YOU E-MAIL ME HOW @ [email protected]
                THANKS WOODY

Comment

You guys took a ton of great pics. I have been a sled racer for years and this is.... without a doubt alot a impressive engineering and talent brought all together in one event. Hats off to the Golden Child for keeping this going. Hey Chad it was good to meet you after such a long time. ..... Pete....

Comment

A little off topic but a new world record for a snowmobile jump has just been set at 361 ft.

Awesome.
                    Shelter animals make great pets

Comment

Working...
                    X