Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eBay Find: Way Over the Top Trepanier-Built 1963 Corvette

Re: eBay Find: Way Over the Top Trepanier-Built 1963 Corvette

I think it is a paint job and a set of wheels away from perfect.

Seth
    200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Well, I wouldn't have done it that way.
      Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Lets see... I wonder, hmm 3rd mortgage, ahhh, sell every piece of junk that I own... I want it.

Comment

What? No contingency decals? Preposterous! :P

Beautiful car, but a little too blingy IMO. Like Seth said, needs some real drag wheels. I do like the paint, though.
          The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Nope, not on my watch !!
            :-\

Comment

I kind of like it, but $125k, not that much. And I'd like to see what happens to the rockers when they start it up. And my liking it fully depends on it making down a full quarter mile in one piece, and I'm not talking about a 14 sec granny run.

[img width=768]http://i.ebayimg.com/10/%21Bm-4owg%21Wk%7E$%28KGrHqQH-CQEtbfLK17,BLhqu-YD2Q%7E%7E_3.JPG[/img]
              sigpic

Comment

wow,, this doesn't get the praise of the top 8 car got for the riddler award..
                it's got the design/fab/ and workmanship.. same as the undrivable riddler cars..
                OH ya,, it's pro fairgrounds, I see the difference now..
                the same ones that see the riddler award top 8 as "ART" will lamb based, this car..

Comment

He should be shot

Comment

I saw this car under construction while visiting the shop for the BlowFish debut and the Top Sportsman Camaro was also there at the time. My guess is that there is more than $125k invested in it and the same level of workmanship is in everything they build. While visiting, Chicayne was also present and on the rack with mud and grass in the stainless exhaust and detailed undercarriage. It seems it lost the power steering pump or something while being thrashed on one of its many visits to a road course track. To the best of my knowledge, Troy and his team still build cars to drive. The ultimate decision is in the owners hands as to whether that investment shows it's mechanical mettle on the street or track. I was there for two days and they were an awesome group of people to hang with and learn from. Don't forget Troy's friendship/ partnership with John Meaney, they use BigStuff3 in their rides which obviously is well...big stuff. :-)

Hmmm, they need a little trailer for the track wheels/tires for DW. Looks like the rockers can be removed, maybe that's the plan. :P

And no, I didn't realize it was a real 63 'Vette...not sure I would do that to one myself unless it was a total basket case. Of course as can always be said, 'it's his car, he can do whatever he wants to it'. I've got a belly button, 6 cylinder 67 coupe of no historical relevance and purists still give me flack for back halving it.
                    Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

I like rod saboury's black 63 from the eighties
                      on one hand - I don't get the thrill of paying somebody to build your hot rod for you
                      but as someone who gets paid to work on other people's cars ........

Comment

Working...
                      X