Edwards to Face Punishment for Wrecking Keselowski on Purpose in Atlanta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edwards to Face Punishment for Wrecking Keselowski on Purpose in Atlanta

Re: Edwards to Face Punishment for Wrecking Keselowski on Purpose in Atlanta

he's on probation for 3 races ?!?!?! WTF - ok im going on a 3 race boycott of SUBWAY
    Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

NASCAR has never been consistent or fair in their punishments.
      Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Is anybody else surprised at how much the rollcage pancaked on that car? :o
        Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
        1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
        1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
        1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
        1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
        1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

It did look a little more "out of shape" than usual.
          Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Why is anybody surprised by this? How could NASCAR do any more than this? After all they publicly encouraged such behavior. They just forgot that it could have serious results (especially since the COT wings seem to counter any safety effects of the panels that are designed to prevent a car from getting airborne). Keselowski has done the same thing with no serious punishment. If NASCAR is not brave enough to say "no" then this kind of behavior will continue. In my opinion NASCAR should sit down with all drivers and owners and spell out in no uncertain terms that such behavior will not be tolerated and then list the punishments. But we all know that will never happen. If I was Edwards and had received any more punishment than he got, I think I would have been talking with my lawyers. You can't tell drivers to go back to the olden times, swap paint, bump fenders, push and shove and expect them not to do it, or don't do it that hard. You simply cannot have your cake and eat it too. Another case of the idiocy known as NASCAR.

Comment

talladega - edwards made an ill timed blocking move against a chevy freight train

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR
                he's on probation for 3 races ?!?!?! WTF - ok im going on a 3 race boycott of SUBWAY
                quiznos is better anyway ;D

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
                talladega - edwards made an ill timed blocking move against a chevy freight train
                he even took the blame for it after the race

Originally posted by BigBlockRanger
                Is anybody else surprised at how much the rollcage pancaked on that car? :o
                yes :o

Comment

I seen and heard all the complaining about what Edwards did, and I'm not going to debate if he was right or wrong , but why is nobody talking about why the car took flight , the hit would have less likely had the same result if the car had a spoiler instead of a wing, if you look the roof flaps they can't work and the wing acts like, well like a wing look like at take off when going backwards . If I'm not mistaken this has happen quite a few times with the COT an I think it's very dangerous ,thank god they'll be taken them off in a couple of weeks.

Rob
                  LAISSEZ LES BON TEMPS ROULER !!!!!!

Comment

I thought they were taking the gloves off. ;D

Keselowski should have been disqualified at Talladega. NASCAR allowed this thing to fester by letting "Bangin' Brad" skate.

As for all the rank speculation that the wing is the problem, it doesn't make a lot of sense aerodynamically. The wing would be in stall position for virtually all of the ride and would not be a very efficient air foil reversed. At ~ 200 m.p.h., air lifting the car from the underside would create enough lift for a blowover (as happened several times during the PRE-COT era). The entire downforce package for the COT going the proper direction is less than 2000# (including all aerodynamic elements, not just the wing).

I'm not a fan of the wing because aesthetically it's awful. But when DW and TV "experts" who probably never even passed a high school physics class start posing as armchair aerodynamicists, I'm skeptical. BTW, if NASCAR wanted to keep the wing (which they don't) and scientific testing showed it was the root of the problem (it doesn't), merely adding some additional air brakes (flaps) to it would spike drag and kill lift in the event of a spin.

A pressure-activated retractable rear air dam (extends from the bumper area only when reversed at speed like the roof flaps do) might go along way toward keeping the cars on the ground.

Comment

Is that like being on "Double Secret Probation Mr."
                      2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                      First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                      2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                      2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Wings are for planes and pantie sheilds !! And he is one of the "Golden children" so the punishment was not to bad you do have to respect him for not trying to lie about the deal! And all the Napcar ad's said they were taking the gloves off !!

Comment

Originally posted by RCR
                          I seen and heard all the complaining about what Edwards did, and I'm not going to debate if he was right or wrong , but why is nobody talking about why the car took flight , the hit would have less likely had the same result if the car had a spoiler instead of a wing, if you look the roof flaps they can't work and the wing acts like, well like a wing look like at take off when going backwards . If I'm not mistaken this has happen quite a few times with the COT an I think it's very dangerous ,thank god they'll be taken them off in a couple of weeks.

Rob
                          this is THE REASON the wing is gone and the spoiler is back..

Comment

So mayfield is gone because of drugs (suicide), this guy is riding pine for two races for trying to kill someone else..... I think I understand; suicide bad, killing someone else good.
                            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by IRONHEAD
                              Originally posted by RCR

Rob
                              this is THE REASON the wing is gone and the spoiler is back..
                              Nope. Empty seats and lower TV ratings, not aerodynamics are the reasons for returning to drag-inducing spoilers. Far larger wings have been commonplace on far lighter (and often faster) racing cars around the world for decades without any measureable increases in flight during spins.

Return to the spoiler is merely a weak attempt to make the still-hideous, non-production COT more palatable to hidebound NASCAR fans (some of which lack the capacity to understand even rudimentary aerodynamic concepts).
                              Originally posted by Buickguy
                              So mayfield is gone because of drugs (suicide), this guy is riding pine for two races for trying to kill someone else..... I think I understand; suicide bad, killing someone else good.
                              WRONG! NASCAR merely said it was "taking the gloves off." It didn't say it was opening the floodgates for (alleged) "dope fiends" and "hopheads" (on the track, that is . . . ISC would probably build a special "Crack and Hooka Party Porch" at most tracks if it would guarantee more ticket sales . . . . (That was a JOKE! Please don't sue me Brian France!))

I'm not sure that Cousin Carl's probation is really "riding pine."

Why is it that when I hear or read "probation" I think of . . .

Comment

Working...
                              X