Announcing The First Speed by Spectre 341 Challenge, a High Speed Hillclimb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Announcing The First Speed by Spectre 341 Challenge, a High Speed Hillclimb

Re: Announcing The First Speed by Spectre 341 Challenge, a High Speed Hillclimb

Man I wish it was on the other side of the mighty Missasip..Sounds like a cool deal !

Comment

SAY WHA ?!?!

The Speed by Spectre 341 Challenge will also include a Media Shootout, pitting magazine editors against bloggers and forum members in a project car challenge. Invites will be issued soon and more information will be posted on the website in the coming weeks.

oh im down to help out anyway i can for this
      Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

F-Bomb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Chomping at the bit............ awaiting an invitation. I think that the foreign turd holding the course record needs to be dethrowned ASAP.

Comment

Maybe I'm bias, but I don't see this trumphing the Silver State for a couple of reasons.

First, "Invitation-Only", What? No Joe Public, makes for good TV, but with the course lay out makes for poor watching in person I'd think, and no real chance of ever experiencing it unless I own or work for the right company. The Forum Member "invite" doesn't inspire me much for participation.

1,216 ft rise, meh, the 22 turns is more interesting than the climb grade, I see this pushing a car's weight and suspension more than it's engine limits. A 23% grade is fairly steep, but for short bursts nothing a decent engine shouldn't be able to handle for 5 miles (we have a 1/2-3/4 of mile of 17%-18% grade here and steeper for shorter lengths). The Silver State pushes both, hard if you're going fast. Looks like they start around 5,000ft and top out just around 6,200 ft, so at least it's fairly thin air, Turbo's and Superchargers will rule.

Would I like to do it? Hell yeah! Would I drive across the state to watch it, probably not, would I watch some video of it, definately. Hopefully some day they open the competition to the (real) public. I'll be interested to hear what the average speeds up the hill will be.

Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Working...
            X