X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neat Old Race-Rod: The 1950 Diedt Rochester Special

Re: Neat Old Race-Rod: The 1950 Diedt Rochester Special

What an exquisite beauty!
    I love the wheels with 2 holes - perhaps Halibrands?
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Absolutely magnificent! WAY out of my league but stunning. The mag wheels look like Indy wheels of the day which makes sense given the builder's affiliation with the Brickyard. The wires are cool too, of course. I wonder who stole the side scoop from who? Or which came first, GM or Diedt? I wouldn't put it past Zora to pirate something as pretty as that but I think the Y-Job had something along that line IIRC.

Thanks Monk - great catch
      Dan

Comment

It was way cool to see this up front and personal.
        I'll have to go back and get photos of the folder he
        has with all the black and white photos with Rochester.

It's a work of art.

Side note....this car went through a $300,000 resto and
        the interior work was crap.....I think I could've done as good.
        Reason why my buddy has to do it over again.
        Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Today I sat at my computer doing a little research on Emil Diedt. Just to find that the very car I'm working on is in your blog, to my surprise. I am the curator of this car, and the private collection it belongs to. I took this car to Arch Classic Auto Interiors for upholstery work, not an unauthorized covert photo shoot. I can't help but wonder what other unauthorized activities transpired during it's lengthy stay.
          Thanks to "Monk". No further business from our collection will ever be sent to Arch Classic Auto Interiors. Further more a call to Hyman Ltd. who referred us to Arch will follow bringing attention to the unprofessional manner in which this was handled. A simple phone call to ask permission could have save much greif. Not to mention the severed trust with the Diedt's owner.
          This situation remindes me of the movie "Ferris Bueller's day off", with the two valet employees taking liberties the Ferrari.
          You just never know who will let you down. That was some big thinking, Monk!

Steve Ward

Comment

Lighten up, Steve-O.
            Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Working...
            X