Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eBay Find: Kooky Kustom 1961 Corvair

Re: eBay Find: Kooky Kustom 1961 Corvair

If I had the space for such a project I would snatch it up for the 1000 dollar buy it now price
    I would do it up so that it could make the shows and cruises. Would be an awesome conversation piece.
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

All the mods and thats the best he could do for pictures? The nose does look slightly Mustang at first glance. File this car under "just because you can do this doesn't mean you should do this". At least they didn't do it to a Vette.

Comment

The "strange louvers" on the (rear) trunk are required on the air-cooled Corvair. I'm not sure the targa top would make it any more flexible. All Corvairs were unibody and were available as a convertible.
        Non-denominational car nut.
        Ten Time Long Hauler! 2001-2011
        Do you go all the way?

Comment

This car represents a time in customizing when there were no "rules". Free-thinking ran rampant. This has all the styling cues of the time. Look at any Winfield creation. It deserves be finished true to its era and proudly flaunted, checked paint and all. $1k is a steal. Would I be the only smiling admirer at a cruise-in? Doubt it.

Comment

Working...
          X