Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Rod Magazine 2010 Drag Week Tracks, Dates, and Rules Announced

Re: Hot Rod Magazine 2010 Drag Week Tracks, Dates, and Rules Announced

Awesome! I'm in for atleast both Columbus events.

Comment

I can see where the total lack of support vehicles of any kind is going to implode on HOT ROD big time No one with any amount of cash in their ride and has come any distance could not realistically support that notion, I know I wouldn't.

Comment

Starterguy, you can tow your car TO the event and FROM the event, just not DURING the event.

If that's not you...well, then you're not a Drag Week guy.

Brian, thanks for spreading the word. The more the merrier.

Comment

Originally posted by starterguy
          I can see where the total lack of support vehicles of any kind is going to implode on HOT ROD big time No one with any amount of cash in their ride and has come any distance could not realistically support that notion, I know I wouldn't.
          Seriously? The event has gotten bigger every year despite the economy trying to auger itself into the ground. Think guys like Larry Larsen don't have any jack tied up in their junk?

The whole entire point of the event is to do it with no support vehicle.

DF -- no sweat! I love like hell you guys are going to Pittsburgh. You'll dig the flavor of the place and there's some good history there. The Tedesco brothers who operate the track are good guys and I'm sure they're stoked that you are stopping by!

Brian
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Pittsburgh should be cool. Also looking forward to Milan.

Comment

So why no more diesel class?

(I'm thinking about entering....)
              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick

Low interest. The editor of Diesel Power mag, who wanted the class, is more interested in seeing how diesels can compete head-to-head in the regular body classes. It makes more urgency to bring a REAL fast diesel.

Comment

Makes sense to me. Thanks
                  Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger
                    Originally posted by TheSilverBuick

Low interest. The editor of Diesel Power mag, who wanted the class, is more interested in seeing how diesels can compete head-to-head in the regular body classes. It makes more urgency to bring a REAL fast diesel.
                    Tell Kennedy to mind his own freaking business and stop confusing you guys.

Dave rules...we wrenched on the wretched UMass Rabbit together.
                    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I get what DF and Brian are saying about the event, I understand I can tow to and from the event and that the object is to run without a support crew as it were. My issue is that, say, I towed 800 miles to the event only to have my ride die halfway through?.
                      Not knowing how far from the start I would be I am not comfy with just leaving my car somewhere while i try to figure out how to get my car to my trailer or vice versa. Nor am I going to tell a buddy to wait by the phone for a week with said trailer while I try to complete the week.
                      I am not trying to dis the event it's very cool, Years ago my brother and I would drive 200 miles one way to race and drive home because we had to (closest track you know :) I just think its not realistic to ban the support entirely, if people are going to have to travel together support would be easy to police. If it's on the trailer you're out simple.

Comment

It seems to me that a few people have not been following Drag Week for the last 5 years. The rule about no support vehicles has always been the same and the entry list gets bigger. Hot Rod Magazine Drag Week is NOT for "Panty Wastes"

Comment

Real street cars are driven....you will have more than adequate support among your fellow racers (hell I'm taking a Mopar guy with me as copilot)....if it breaks, we'll either help you fix it, or get you back to your tow rig.... That is the great thing about DW. We all want to win at the track, but we also want to see everyone complete it!
                          Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Working...
                          X