Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carnage Video: Car Flips and Burns at 24 Hours of Lemons

Re: Carnage Video: Car Flips and Burns at 24 Hours of Lemons

scary wreck, at least it sounds like the guy is gonna be o.k.
    man he was trying to pass a bunch of cars at an alarming rate. you could almost hear him yelling "yeeee haaaa" as he was threading the needle.

Comment

One thing to note is that the guy did NOT have his face shield down. Bad bad call. He was covering his eyes when sliding because of all the crap coming in the car. If his shield was down like it should have been he would have been a lot safer.
      "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

I was shocked how quickly the guy got out of the car. Amazed to hear he had a broken vertebrae. Watch close and you can see his head cram against the roof at one point. That means the cage was too low and/or belts too loose. People never take a helmet into account when planning a cage and seat. They also do not realize how much the belt stretches...or how much your neck stretches.

I showed this to Doug Glad at CC today, and he had a great quote: "The only downside to racing deathtraps is the death part."

Comment

Seemed like he was sliding on his lid forever ... scary stuff. :o
          Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
          07 Mustang GT with some stuff
          88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

His face shield was down (but not all the way and locked) and it flipped open with first contact with the wall. I always had a problem with a helmet shield fogging up when clicked all the way closed

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger

I showed this to Doug Glad at CC today, and he had a great quote: "The only downside to racing deathtraps is the death part."

That's what has always bothered me about these shitboxes.

Our car got killed at this event, also. The turbo 280 ZX goodness will get transplanted into a craptastic 3rd gen firechicken.

Comment

Working...
              X