Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NASCAR Driver Kurt Busch at the NHRA Gatornationals: Fail

Re: NASCAR Driver Kurt Busch at the NHRA Gatornationals: Fail

WTH would you post an article by someone who doesn't know squat about the drags?
    I say the article and BangShift fails for not measuring up.
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Neely vs Busch
      .071 vs .041
      10.006 vs 10.10

Busch tree'd him but really didn't do too bad overall.

MOV = 0.064 sec

Remember, 50% of the competitors are first round losers.
      ;D
      Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
      1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
      1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
      1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
      1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
      1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

1200 HP?
        1000' track?

FAIL!
        Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Wow. For Bangshift to post that attempt as a fail is pretty weak and I'd thought beneath them.

Here we have an accomplished racer going straightline in a STREET-LEGAL boosted muscle car, qualifies, and makes a decent run without ELECTRONIC BS and they parrot the line that it's a FAILURE...?!!! What gives....? Guys, you can do better. I don't care for NASCRAP anymore, but you guys got to give him kudos for making the passes and trying. I bet everyone else that tries SuperGas for the first time in ANY car makes it past the first round....NOT...!!

C'mon guys.....get with the program. Next thing ya know you'll be parroting Pelosi. :-)

Comment

Now lets see John Force or Tony Schumacher run a Busch Nationwide race.

Its pretty likely they would go out pretty quickly.

It didn't quite pay off this past weekend -- Busch's engine misfired a touch on the start of his elimination round -- but hey, it beat hanging around the house and doing honey-do lists.
            This is quite true.
            The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Guys, I'm taking full credit for completely blowing that one.

I was rush jobbing stuff last night because my entire house (including me) was getting sick with a wild ass stomach bug.

100% bone job by yours truly.

Brian
              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Kurt did ok. I wish I had been there instead of what I was doing.... I would be ok with going out in the first round even.

I would love to see him or one of the Nascar guys do Drag Week. That would be cool and increase the PR for the event.

Comment

I would like to see some more info on his car.

Cool to see a "big name" racer mingal with the common man, on un-common ground, and not just to berry pick a win.

I bet every person in that class was honored to have him compete.

Kurt running the car on Dragweek would be HUGE!
                  Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

My hat is off to him....it's the article that was a fail!
                    Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Originally posted by studemax
                      WTH would you post an article by someone who doesn't know squat about the drags?
                      I say the article and BangShift fails for not measuring up.
                      Now, now. I enjoy reading articles linked on Bangshift when the MSM reporter gets it wrong. All of us need to know the ways our sport is being distorted by the "legitimate press." So y'all ease up on 'em, ya hear! It's not a "fail" by Bangshift.

As to whether Busch's first round loss was a "fail," at least it turned out better than when Richard Petty once ran the "Outlawed" 43jr. Plymouth down the 1320 in Dallas, Georgia. http://bump-drafts.com/2009/12/30/th...-the-boycotts/

Comment

don't diss the king

Comment

Of course not. He's a Ford man now. ;D

(But then it's a fact that his 1320 HemiFish did flop into some fans and kill somebody back in '65)

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                            Guys, I'm taking full credit for completely blowing that one.

I was rush jobbing stuff last night because my entire house (including me) was getting sick with a wild ass stomach bug.

100% bone job by yours truly.

Brian
                            dink

Comment

Working...
                            X