Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Rains Sets Mustang Cobra Jet Top Speed Mark At Mojave Mile Event

Re: John Rains Sets Mustang Cobra Jet Top Speed Mark At Mojave Mile Event

This is a high dollar build, by a high end race shop - and the car only went 180 in the mile, am I missing something?
    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

It's a stock factory drag Cobra Jet from Ford. It's a drag car with drag car gearing. Kinda neat to see what one does wound out.
      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
        It's a stock factory drag Cobra Jet from Ford. It's a drag car with drag car gearing. Kinda neat to see what one does wound out.
        it went 180 with drag gearing?

now I am even *more* confused.

Admittedly, I am but a simple homebrew DIYer, but my first recommendation to the owners of the car: lose the 180mph gearing at the strip, and put a pulley and $75 tune on the mod motor to break 200 at the mile. Sheesh!
        www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Reasonably certain they we're just funnin' at the event and Rains will be drag racing the thing in Super Stock (as God intended :D )
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I can see John's house from my front porch. I have known him for a number of years. His Bronco was restored at the shop that supports my race car. Believe me, if there is more in that Mustang he will find it soon. Anyone that can get a Firebird to run 300 in street trim surly can get a few more MPH's out of that old horse.

Comment

Working...
            X