• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The History of Brainerd Optimist Drag Strip of Middle Valley

Re: The History of Brainerd Optimist Drag Strip of Middle Valley

When I read "shattered the peace and quietude" I knew it was curtains

Comment

meanwhile there's currently a 'don't be a dickhead' government campaign in Australia, with F1's Lewis Hamilton made an example of
      http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/8593201.stm (audio)

and of course a shortage of places to race for all the 'dickheads' who like to go fast in cars...some things never change...

Comment

they off the dragstrip for noise, but an airport with planes and jets are okey..
        >

Comment

I 'm looking forward to taking a few passes this June during the Chattanooga layover on this year's power tour

fellow junkie bluez has arranged an unofficial power tour night there. I'll post pics after the tour ;D
          a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

surprised to see the article. i live about 5 miles from the current location of brainerd dragstrip and about 20 from the hixson site. i'm not old enough to have seen any racing at the first site. but, i have been by the airport. i'm guessing the residents didnt expect to see it turned into an airport.it currently has the middlevalley recreation fields beside the old airfield. they are building a costco almost across the street from the current location. i'm hoping it doesnt effect the track.

Comment

BTW, looking forward to seeing you guys there.

Comment

Working...
              X