Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kid Crashes Camaro, Gives Cops Flimsy Story, and They Seem to Buy It

Re: Kid Crashes Camaro, Gives Cops Flimsy Story, and They Seem to Buy It

Now that new V6 Camaro's and Mustang's have over 300hp...... This may become a more common occurrence.

Comment

AHHH,Yea.

Look I'm sure the steering was bad ,after all he only made about 4 other turns and 2 stop lights in an out of control car.
      Hello "On Star". Big Bother will tell that story.

BTW we need to caption that pic of the fire fighters mourning the loss of that poor hydrant.

Comment

The GF's mom's GMC Safari lost both power steering and breaks at the same time. Apparently they were both run off the same pump.
        Though my 19 year old brother's '68 coronet doesn't have power breaks and he doesn't seem to have any trouble stopping.

Comment

The first thing they teach you in cop school....people lie to the cops, second thing.....trust no one, suspect everyone!
          Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

I suspect this was their first lesson on understeer. Go to fast into corner. Car doesn't turn and they can't slow down in time before meeting curb and whatever is near it. Nearly every guy teen driver learns this at one point.
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

They were pulling out of a parking lot.

Throttle induced oversteer.
              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I took my 70 El Camino over a curb when I was sixteen because I was an idiot. I put a hellacious dent in one of my corvette rallly wheels and re-flared a fender. I told my parents I swerved to "avoid a dog". (It was actually a kid) They didn't buy it. I could not understand why. It seemed plausible.

It took me years, and becoming a cop to realize just how common the "Swerve to avoid the dog" ploy is.

Comment

I believe their story to be the truth.

They were driving one of those new Toyota Camaros, right...?

:D
                  The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

my dart has manual drum brakes and the power steering pump leeks terribly and ive never crashed my car or been in any kind of accident also ive never goten a ticket..... but occasionally i loose control of my right foot and my car accelerates uncontrollably until i come to my scenes and take my foot off the gas.......

Comment

My '56 has no power steering, has drum brakes, and the master cylinder LEAKS. And my little sister can control it... those kids need a smack in the back of the head, and a month's grounding with detention. In the library... So they can read HRM to actually learn something.

Comment

Working...
                      X