Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Awesome Muscle Car Video: Factory Promotional Video for the 1970 AMC Rebel Machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome Muscle Car Video: Factory Promotional Video for the 1970 AMC Rebel Machine

Re: Awesome Muscle Car Video: Factory Promotional Video for the 1970 AMC Rebel M

Being my dream car, I have seen that, awesomeness
    Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

Re: Awesome Muscle Car Video: Factory Promotional Video for the 1970 AMC Rebel Machine

OMG a "film strip"...I'm in the 5th grade again! (which for me was was about the time this was made)

Comment

Re: Awesome Muscle Car Video: Factory Promotional Video for the 1970 AMC Rebel M

Interesting sales training film. What surprised me the most is the use, back then, of the term "muscle car", which I've always been told was NOT used until much later. But here, clearly, we find the use of the term. I have heard the term "super car" used in many old videos, and have been told that the cars we know as muscle cars were referred to as super cars back then, not muscle cars. However, here is the first example I've ever heard that the term muscle car was in fact used back then.

Also, interesting address on the dealership glass.
        President, Wicked Rides Poland

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...eau-Club-Wagon

Comment

Re: Awesome Muscle Car Video: Factory Promotional Video for the 1970 AMC Rebel Machine

....and the dealership address is 666

Comment

Now I want to know what they told "Harry" about the Maverick . . . .

AMC certainly got their money's worth out of about 10 photographs in that film strip.

It would be fun to splice in some audio edits (e.g. salesman's comments, additional dialogue) and contemporary photos (e.g. burnout shot, test drive reactions) to turn that film into a satire of muscle car customers and car dealers.

That coil spring they keep showing appears to have an Air-Lift bag inside. Did The Machine come with factory Air-Lifts?

Comment

Working...
            X