Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rest in Peace: Hummer Brand Officially Dead

Originally posted by Buickguy

It's funny to me to see the hating when most here have never driven one. y'all should know better.
    Huh? who hasn't driven the exact same chassis, a million times, and doesn't know that it's only good for rain/snow on-road 4wd type stuff? $400 in extra plastic (that the owner paid $15,000 for) hardly differentiates the driving experience, on road or off. Hummer H2, H3 are the Cadillac Cimarron of our day. It's a GOOD thing for them go go away.
    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY
      Not that I would get one, they don't make them in Van bodies.
      Maybe a Hummer minivan would have been just the thing to save the brand.

Come on all you budding George Barrises! Whip out the torch and start turning an old Voyager into the "H5."

(Okay it's not a Hummer or a Voyager, but DUDE, it's a lifted minivan)

Besides, is it really too late for Hummer? "Raser Technologies has put multiple bids" for Hummer. http://www.autoblog.com/2010/04/08/o...-gm-listening/

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek

It's funny to me to see the hating when most here have never driven one. y'all should know better.
        Huh? who hasn't driven the exact same chassis, a million times, and doesn't know that it's only good for rain/snow on-road 4wd type stuff? $400 in extra plastic (that the owner paid $15,000 for) hardly differentiates the driving experience, on road or off. Hummer H2, H3 are the Cadillac Cimarron of our day. It's a GOOD thing for them go go away.

I agree.

Comment

No way, Dude. The Cimarron was the automotive equivalent of a dwarf-sized polyester leasure suit. It sounded like a forklift, handled like a wheelbarrow, and had the panache and sophistication of a bottle of Night Train. It looked like a Cavalier swiped from Avis and accessorized by J.C. Whitney. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that some members of the Pontiac Aztek design and engineering teams interned on it.

At least the H2 & H3 LOOK like something other than a hideously tarted-up economy car, have some awd capability, and will probably run long enough to outlast the owner's payment book.

Comment

Drove a H3 plenty. It was my former boss' "baby." (At least until he realised how useless it was and went & got himself a real truck.) I ended up logging a lot of miles in the thing and it ran and drove well enough - except for the shitty visibility.

I just could never understand what made the thing worth so much money.

I also though it was kinda funny that I could haul more luggage in my neon.... ;D

Comment

h3 alpha sounded like a good idea - 5.3 on a colorado frame

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
                h3 alpha sounded like a good idea - 5.3 on a colorado frame
                don't forget they also have electric lockers front and rear, better departure and approach angles, larger tires, better ground clearance... but other then that, just like a colorado :. I traded a Canyon for my H3 - nope, they really don't drive the same...

i almost wish I'd bought the 5.3 - they put 4.10s in them rather then the 4.56s so functionally they go down the road with about the same quickness.... only the 3.7 gets better mileage.

as for price.... I paid about 10k more for it then my ext. cab Canyon.... and have a much, much nicer truck with far better resale value.

Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

and unlike toyota - the frames last for decades ---thanks isuzu

Comment

The fans in Middle east will buy them nontheless..

Comment

Working...
                    X