X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrysler Sells Old AMC Headquarters

Re: Chrysler Sells Old AMC Headquarters

From the WSJ:
    The auto maker?s Chapter 11 estate is set to sell the 54-acre complex on Detroit?s west side, two smaller plants in the city and property in Syracuse, N.Y., to Manchester Plymouth LLC of Mt. Clemens, Mich., according to papers filed with the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Manhattan.
    So, the properties have been sold to a company with Plymouth in their name. Anybody car to speculate? Maybe the return of an old friend? 8)

Comment

So, the properties have been sold to a company with Plymouth in their name. Anybody car to speculate? Maybe the return of an old friend? 8)
      [/quote]

Mebbe, but I'm afraid to hope.

Still, 54 acres for only 2.3M?! With all of the buildings intact, I would suppose? There's firesales, and then there's giveaways! What a great opportunity to develop this into housing/shopping/office space that could conceivably be totally self-contained! Leave most of the structure exposed to keep the flavor and historical perspective. Man, that would be so cool!

Comment

The old AMC plant here in Brampton Ontario was finally demolished a few years ago, seemed weird not seeing it there. A Lowe's store now sits on the area. Only clue to the past is the street sign there, "Rambler Drive". :-\

cheers
        Ed N.
        Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
        07 Mustang GT with some stuff
        88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

that michigan real estate is priced to sell
          plymouth is a swanky town in michigan , full of big three execs

a most excellent girl I used to hang with grew up there

Comment

Working...