No announcement yet.

Cool Drag Car Gallery With Video: The MegaSquirt Guys Do a Drag Pak Challenger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool Drag Car Gallery With Video: The MegaSquirt Guys Do a Drag Pak Challenger

Re: Cool Drag Car Gallery With Video: The MegaSquirt Guys Do a Drag Pak Challenger

Nice! I was just soldering on my MS1 for the T-bird last night, adding the ignition parts and looking at modifying it for MSExtra.

9's on a N/A 6.1 Hemi? Very Nice!
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Re: Cool Drag Car Gallery With Video: The MegaSquirt Guys Do a Drag Pak Challenger

Hmm, wonder when they updated the Nova EFI project, now with the MPFI

Part 3 of this series -- Converting our classic Nova to MultiPort Fuel Injection (MPFI). Get rid of that carb and take full control!

Comment

The car itself had the Stealth Ram installed a while ago - we've been too busy to post the updated page.

Comment

As Matt said we had the MPFI setup on that car many months ago, I just finally polished up the article and posted it recently as people kept asking about it. Right now we're bolting a couple turbos up to that worn out 350 SBC that are sure to put a hole in the block without too much effort. We'll do a writeup on that too, and then build another motor for it that can handle a bit more....

On the Challenger, the owners built a 5.7 for it now as it's advantageous in the class due to the vastly lower HP rating. They took it out on the maiden voyage last night and reported only an 11.5. But it sounds like the tune is going to be fairly different than the 6.1 (bigger cam, though smaller displacement) as he called me earlier and told me his AFRs were pretty lean (like WAY lean) and we had pulled a little timing out of it too until he dials it in. It might have to revisit the dyno next time he's in town, though dynoing a motor like that, with a 5500 stall converter, is a bit of a trick and as much art form as it is science...

SilverBuick- you heading back out to the salt this year?

Jerry Hoffmann a.k.a. 'FoundSoul'
          http://www.DIYAutoTune.com

Comment

Originally posted by FoundSoul
            As Matt said we had the MPFI setup on that car many months ago, I just finally polished up the article and posted it recently as people kept asking about it. Right now we're bolting a couple turbos up to that worn out 350 SBC that are sure to put a hole in the block without too much effort. We'll do a writeup on that too, and then build another motor for it that can handle a bit more....

On the Challenger, the owners built a 5.7 for it now as it's advantageous in the class due to the vastly lower HP rating. They took it out on the maiden voyage last night and reported only an 11.5. But it sounds like the tune is going to be fairly different than the 6.1 (bigger cam, though smaller displacement) as he called me earlier and told me his AFRs were pretty lean (like WAY lean) and we had pulled a little timing out of it too until he dials it in. It might have to revisit the dyno next time he's in town, though dynoing a motor like that, with a 5500 stall converter, is a bit of a trick and as much art form as it is science...

SilverBuick- you heading back out to the salt this year?
            My work schedule has me on a monday-friday, but as of right now I'll take it off as vacation. The last two years it just happen to fall on my six days off when I had the ten days on six days off schedule. So Yes! Barring something at work preventing me.

Though I don't like Nova's I have a soft spot for your '77 X-body ;D And I used your guy's fuel return port idea on my sending unit for my car. Should be interesting to see turbo's and possible block carnage.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick
              Nice! I was just soldering on my MS1 for the T-bird last night, adding the ignition parts and looking at modifying it for MSExtra.

9's on a N/A 6.1 Hemi? Very Nice!
              that is impressive. I have looked into that for a complete spfi engine with an undecipherable ECU (japanese)...and then I spotted 50 years of weber 32/34..to hell with injection.

I still despise injection, but glad megasquirt exists. I would dive in with the the higher resoution of later versions..
              Previously boxer3main
              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

My work schedule has me on a monday-friday, but as of right now I'll take it off as vacation. The last two years it just happen to fall on my six days off when I had the ten days on six days off schedule. So Yes! Barring something at work preventing me.

Though I don't like Nova's I have a soft spot for your '77 X-body ;D And I used your guy's fuel return port idea on my sending unit for my car. Should be interesting to see turbo's and possible block carnage.
                I should be back out, Gary's car is ready (if it doesn't sell first) and Mike Collison, the '50 Buick with the straight 8, will hopefully make it out too.

My first car was a '79 Nova four door so I've got a bit of a soft spot for them too. If I just had more time to work on this one....

Jerry Hoffmann a.k.a. 'FoundSoul'
                http://www.DIYAutoTune.com

Comment

Originally posted by FoundSoul

I should be back out, Gary's car is ready (if it doesn't sell first) and Mike Collison, the '50 Buick with the straight 8, will hopefully make it out too.

My first car was a '79 Nova four door so I've got a bit of a soft spot for them too. If I just had more time to work on this one....
                  I'll pack an extra case of oil :D ;) Yeah I'd like to get a better look at the Straight 8 Buick, saw it two years ago(?). Hope to see you there (preferrably with the Skylark running the MS2 this time).

Comment

Working...
                  X