Re: Crazy Screaming Video: A Two-Stroke V8 Powered Sand Rail On the Dyno

I think it's pretty cool ;D
    Tom
    Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Awesome sound..screamin it was.

Comment

Bizarre dyno graphs. I've run 2 stroke Diesels but not spark ignited so I guess I don't quite know what to expect. The little bugger screams, for sure. The exhaust looks pretty clean - is this lubed thru the crankcase like most 2 strokes or is it more or less an Orbital design (2 stroke w/crankcase oil)?

Dan

Comment

I wonder how much of that screaming is those aggressive tires on the dyno rollers. I'd like to hear just the motor on a dyno.

Comment

Seth and I watched it on my 'puter,
            thing sounds wicked as hell.

Comment

Thats nuts! Imagine it with twin snails on it!

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes
                Bizarre dyno graphs. I've run 2 stroke Diesels but not spark ignited so I guess I don't quite know what to expect. The little bugger screams, for sure. The exhaust looks pretty clean - is this lubed thru the crankcase like most 2 strokes or is it more or less an Orbital design (2 stroke w/crankcase oil)?

Dan
                The graphs are because it clearly took the dyno operator a while to figure out how to get a good RPM signal from an inductive pickup.... not a simple task on something like this engine, I am sure!

Awesome sound, reminds me of a quieter version of the Cosworth DFV V8 I once tuned,

-Scott
                www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

I saw a DFV powered open wheel car at a vintage race a few years ago. That summabitch was ear splitting loud!
                  That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

didn't see much in the way of cooling..
                    different, fer sure..
                    what type boat would have a v8 outboard..
                    by that time they are inboard/outboard or inboard

Comment

Originally posted by IRONHEAD
                      v8 2 strokes have been on outboards for like 25 years
                      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
                        ok, around here, if you need that much power you buy an innie

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
                          ok, around here, if you need that much power you buy an innie
                          Competition Bass boats and off shore hot rods sometimes have up to three of those.
                          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

anyone know of a build thread somewhere? I like it.

where do you get an Evinrude - VW adaptor?

Comment

Much like Group B rallying and other excesses of the 80's, this engine was meant for F1 and offshore racing.

Evinrude published a bunch of stuff like this on how to go crazy fast on the water: http://issuu.com/liquidnirvana/docs/...wners-manual--

"First I believe if you keep the RPM's high enough, ANYTHING is possible." PeeWee

Comment

Working...
                              X