Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coolest Video Ever: A German Dude Runs a 1970 Challenger At Full Tilt on the Autobahn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coolest Video Ever: A German Dude Runs a 1970 Challenger At Full Tilt on the Autobahn

Re: Coolest Video Ever: A German Dude Runs a 1970 Challenger At Full Tilt on the Autobahn

The guy is Dutch. He's from Rotterdam and makes some cool clips once in a while.

Check out his other movieclips here;
    Taking my '70 Dodge Challenger for a ride in The Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Italy, Switzerland, France, Belgium, USA and Canada. Home of the Kowalski Sessions.

www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Re: Coolest Video Ever: A German Dude Runs a 1970 Challenger At Full Tilt on the Autobahn

Fantastic! I'm sitting in my work truck on my laptop watching it and actually had a sensation of speed. Reminded me when I saw Bullet in the movie theater and swaying in the seats.

Would have been cool to see what RPM's he was turning. Must have some tall gears to be toughing on 140 MPH (depending on how accurate the factory speedo is.

I'm going to have to go on line later and check that guys other clips.
      Tom
      Overdrive is overrated

Comment

he musta has an air foil in the front,
        chuck had a 71 and at 115-120 it was very lite in the nose

Comment

Anyone checkout the odometer, 04350.

Comment

I can't watch the video until I get home :'( So do we know if it actually is calibrated for MPH and not KpH? 140km/h is 84mph... (go ahead and tell me I'm way off base if I am)

*Additional Edit* When I was in Italy the highways were pretty narrow and 60mph (100km/h) felt like mach 2, and a low geared (>3.50) Challenger would sound pretty mean at 100mph(160km/h).
            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick
              I can't watch the video until I get home :'( So do we know if it actually is calibrated for MPH and not KpH? 140km/h is 84mph... (go ahead and tell me I'm way off base if I am)
              good point.. the road is two lanes.. and the car is moving at a good clip when he's turning around and it said 20mph
              it looked like 130mph buy the scenery,

Comment

Great vid. Seeing a fuel in Germany is over one Euro per liter that roughly works out to about $8 USD per gallon. Anyone take a guess at how much fuel was used in the production of that clip?

Comment

Says "MPH" on the speedo

Comment

whats funny is watching this and thinking of a dream I had last night, I won the lotto, built myself a 57 chevy shoebox on a jim meyer chassis with a LS engine and 6 speed tranny and took the car on a summer vacation in europe and blasting down the autobahn scaring little children riding in the back seat of thier parents 320 benzs
                    Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR
                      whats funny is watching this and thinking of a dream I had last night, I won the lotto, built myself a 57 chevy shoebox on a jim meyer chassis with a LS engine and 6 speed tranny and took the car on a summer vacation in europe and blasting down the autobahn scaring little children riding in the back seat of thier parents 320 benzs
                      In your dream tonight,you can come up here and race at our track.Will be fun to pass you ;D ;D

Comment

Oh how I wish A) My Skylark was running and B) Going to Germany with me in ten days :D Oh how I wish!

Comment

Cool find Brian ;).When i get down there,i will give it all..wonder how much speed i will get with 2,73 gears and o,75 overdrive..oh boy..

Comment

Unlimited top end! :D
                            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazerteam
                              Cool find Brian ;).When i get down there,i will give it all..wonder how much speed i will get with 2,73 gears and o,75 overdrive..oh boy..
                              145mph at 3500rpm with a 26" tall tire. That's what I did in my Firebird (twice, I don't recommend it!) with 2.73's and a 700r4 with lock up converter. After talking to KeithTurk, it appears I ran out of HP at 5100rpm in 3rd, so thats when I lifted enough to shift into 4th, and glanced at the tach and speedo.

Comment

Working...
                              X