X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Ad: A 1984 Ford LTD Hits the Road Course

Re: Weird Ad: A 1984 Ford LTD Hits the Road Course

I agree with Bob, that was fun. ;)

The '80's were full of this kind of driving, at least around here.
    Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

That thing has more jiggle than Kristie Alley seeing an all-you-can-eat-dessert-buffet.
      Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Somewhere I have a VHS tape of when my Fox Marquis LTS 5.0 was featured on a Canadian program called Motoring 1990, which is still going now as Motoring 2010. They were doing a feature on the regional championship autocross scene in Ontario, and were intrigued by the 4-door saloon negotiating the cones. Also had mine out on the road course at Shannonville a few times for lapping days when my Mustang was down, that was good for a hoot too.

cheers
        Ed N.
        Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
        07 Mustang GT with some stuff
        88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

Didnt look too boat like in the vid.Doesnt these cars share platform with the Mustangs from the same era?.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazerteam
            Didnt look too boat like in the vid.Doesnt these cars share platform with the Mustangs from the same era?.
            Yup.

Comment

84 ltd was grandpas last car, always bought brand new. It felt like a 1000 pound unibody with springs too soft.

A 1985 subaru was heavier...

I assumed to see v8s coming hacked in. but never saw a single hot rod. The front A pillars were left undesered to, these cars headed for fail from day one. Of course not much 80s didn't. I associated it with the diplomat that bent its own front end. :
              Previously boxer3main
              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I love my 84 LTD and it's a wagon to boot. Of course it's also packing a 351 with a stick. ;D

Comment

^^^^^^Rules!

Granny and Grandpa's was packing a wheezy sixer and a slush box.
                  That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I had one of those in shit brown ,bought it for 400 bucks ,had the V6 and auto ,nice car inside. As soon as I bought it I took it to my buddies house and his wife had to have it, he traded me his 77 Nova beater with a warmed over 350. His first trip out of state in it he blowed it up. I later sold the Nova for 1000 bucks to a neighbor.
                    Always wanted to do one up in a cop car theme , we had plenty of those around back then.

Comment

Nothing cracks me up like a dude in a racing suit on a plush bench seat. :D
                      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                        Nothing cracks me up like a dude in a racing suit on a plush bench seat. :D
                        wonder just how many mustang gt parts (and svo catolog parts)made it under that before the ad rooll um

Comment

Bob used to have a fleet of those he used for drivers in his driving school and yes they were built on the same fox platform
                          that the mustang used so all the bolt on goodies worked ===made for some cool sleepers in the day

Comment

No love for the LTD LX? Factory hotrod sleeper: http://www.ltdlx.org/

My buddy Scott has one, it's a pretty awesome car. Just a 4 door fox body, all the Mustang goodies bolt right up.

Comment

Working...
                            X