No announcement yet.

Killer Show Coverage: The 24th Mooneyes Street Car Nationals from Tokyo, Japan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Killer Show Coverage: The 24th Mooneyes Street Car Nationals from Tokyo, Japan

Re: Killer Show Coverage: The 24th Mooneyes Street Car Nationals from Tokyo, Japan

Big kudo's to the Japanese rodders. It takes a ton of tenacity just to own a car in Tokyo. I once heard you have to prove you have a place to park a car before they'll let you register one.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Re: Killer Show Coverage: The 24th Mooneyes Street Car Nationals from Tokyo, Japan

So many cool cars.. 8) :o.That chopped Lincoln comes to my mind first.And all the Dodge vans seems to hide in japan.

And as Rebel says..its real difficult to own a car in Japan.

Comment

They just don't make cars with style like this anymore.

Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

All Imports to them............ ;D

Comment

Owning a car in Japan is on the verge of impossible. The infrastructure cannot usually support a car of these sizes. Rods would not have as much a problem as the Full size pieces seen in many pictures. The streets are "VERY" narrow by American standards. It is not uncommon to see many one way streets with the cars along side having the mirrirs folded in to keep them from being hit.
            Beyond the lack of roadway infracstructure to support the full size american car, a garage is absolutely out of the question. I have no idea how these guys are building these cars and where. I'm amazed!
            I lived in Japan for 3 years and saw a handful of American Cars that were imported by the sailors from the base.

These dudes have my utmost respect for building rides like this in Japan, besides overcoming all odds they "Got 'er Done".

Comment

Killer...

Owning a car and obtaining a driver's license should be at least slightly more difficult here. Too many idiots with a "right to drive" mentality.
              The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
                Big kudo's to the Japanese rodders. It takes a ton of tenacity just to own a car in Tokyo. I once heard you have to prove you have a place to park a car before they'll let you register one.
                no doubt. I looked at that island after seeing an article about 1 million cars at any given moment. holy crap man. No wonder we got so much midgeted stuff (and still do) for all these years...they must think 40 acres is gigantic. :
                Previously boxer3main
                the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Working...
                X