Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

British Virgin Islands Government Considers Building a Drag Strip to Encourage Tourism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British Virgin Islands Government Considers Building a Drag Strip to Encourage Tourism

Re: British Virgin Islands Government Considers Building a Drag Strip to Encourage Tourism

Wow! Great idea, but, gosh-a-rooty, wouldn't all of those cars add so much weight that it might sink or at least capsize the island?! No, I'm not off my nut. An American pol. recently said that exact thing when an Army top brass requested a troop increase on the island of Puerto Rico, I think. The pol. theorized that with a troop increase of 8,000 soldiers, the additional influx of family would swell the island's population by over 85,000 people, thereby putting additional weight on the island that could potentially tip or even capsize it. Seriously. I'm tellin' ya', you can't make this stuff up!

Comment

Re: British Virgin Islands Government Considers Building a Drag Strip to Encourage Tourism

Originally posted by Birdman
      Wow! Great idea, but, gosh-a-rooty, wouldn't all of those cars add so much weight that it might sink or at least capsize the island?! No, I'm not off my nut. An American pol. recently said that exact thing when an Army top brass requested a troop increase on the island of Puerto Rico, I think. The pol. theorized that with a troop increase of 8,000 soldiers, the additional influx of family would swell the island's population by over 85,000 people, thereby putting additional weight on the island that could potentially tip or even capsize it. Seriously. I'm tellin' ya', you can't make this stuff up!
      Wasn't that the representative of Guam?
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Here it is :D

The Admiral's response?
        "We don't anticipate that."
        ;D
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Can anyone recall the last time a new drag strip was built here in the US?

The last one we had in this area, south of Lexington was turned into an industrial park about 30 years ago. The two lane concrete strip is still intact, serving as an access road but we're seriously lacking here unless you want to travel to the other side of the state. :-[

Comment

drag racing is far out

Comment

Originally posted by dmikulec
              Can anyone recall the last time a new drag strip was built here in the US?
              zMax Dragway, 2009
              Dallas Raceway, 2009
              There's an 1/8 mil track being built in the Colorado area
              Palm Beach refirbed it's whole place recently
              SGMP opened in 2004

Few more I cannot think of in the last 10 years.
              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

As someone living in the BVI for nearly 40 years I guess the folks making comments on here have no idea of the topograhy of the BVI. The only room for a drag strip on the main island of Tortola is the actual airport runway. The biggest flat land is on the island of Anegada but despite it only having a population of about 200 and virtually no hotel bed space, the inhabitants would be dead against their land being taken over! Further more, the minister has just granted a $96,000 contract for a feasibility study, money that can be ill afforded as our treasury is nearly empty. There is however an election coming up next year and the young vote is important! How many of you have come to the Nevis or St Croix tracks?

Comment

Originally posted by Roger Harris
                  As someone living in the BVI for nearly 40 years I guess the folks making comments on here have no idea of the topograhy of the BVI. The only room for a drag strip on the main island of Tortola is the actual airport runway. The biggest flat land is on the island of Anegada but despite it only having a population of about 200 and virtually no hotel bed space, the inhabitants would be dead against their land being taken over! Further more, the minister has just granted a $96,000 contract for a feasibility study, money that can be ill afforded as our treasury is nearly empty. There is however an election coming up next year and the young vote is important! How many of you have come to the Nevis or St Croix tracks?
                  Cool. You live in the BVIs? would like to hear more about what it's like to be a car guy there!
                  www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Working...
                  X