Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Awesome Historic Video: A 1957 Chevy Truck Promotional Video Featuring NAPCO 4WD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome Historic Video: A 1957 Chevy Truck Promotional Video Featuring NAPCO 4WD

Re: Awesome Historic Video: A 1957 Chevy Truck Promotional Video Featuring NAPCO 4WD

Great vid Brian 8).Now i want one of those too..

USA and GM really was in the first lane when producing cars and trucks back then.

Comment

Re: Awesome Historic Video: A 1957 Chevy Truck Promotional Video Featuring NAPCO 4WD

Very cool! I'm a real sucker for these vintage ads. and promo films. Thought it was funny at the beginning as the VO said, "These trucks are going to make it to the top - OR BUST!" They had to have been outfitted with extra fuel tanks to make the entire journey. Interesting contrast: these guys took 2 days to make it to the top, yet the racers make it in minutes. Granted, they were going completely w/o paved roads of any kind. Still, kinda interesting.

I would LOVE to have a high-detail 1:18th diecast model of this to go with my 1:18th Unimog Westfalia 4x4! Very cool model made by Schuco of Germany.

Comment

Somewhere, right now, you just KNOW Freiburger is on eBay typing in "1957, Chevrolet, NAPCO...."

Comment

Why'd they take two trucks on the journey if they planned on driving only one to the summit? Unless of course it wasn't planned ;)

Comment

I wonder how many times they adjusted the carburetors on the way to the top....
            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Working...
            X