Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Trader Classics Find: A Mildly Customized 1937 Packard 120 Truck

Re: Auto Trader Classics Find: A Mildly Customized 1937 Packard 120 Truck

Absolutely stunning! I want it - but the usual problems prevent that. I wonder what the story is - someone's 4 door sedan got hit in the rear, maybe? Still, it's WAY cool.

Dan

Comment

I know some Packard club members who will want that thing!
      Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

More than likely it was offered by the factory to the more well-heeled, read "higher sales producing" dealerships, as a classy way to show off the brand while still getting the job done without the cost of using a sales-worthy floor model simply for shop duty.

As far as the "mildly customized" claim, all that I can infer from that is there may have been concessions to modernity/safety in the way of up-graded brakes, etc.

Very cool ride! If I had the $, I would own it.

Comment

The pinstripe and the addition of the dealer service sign were the two little custom tweaks added....at least from what I got from the ad.
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

wow.
            I snapped a shot of one of these, and then heard it run and drive off. I did not know what it was...I guess $89,500 could have been what it was.

photo is buried in pic of the day somewhere. real life does it better justice. It is a long straight machine, concave lenses of cameras kill it (like a lot of machines). In reality... one no doubt does at least a triple take. Stunning is a great word for it.
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Working...
            X