Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indiana State Troopers Get Hemi-fied

Re: Indiana State Troopers Get Hemi-fied

Culver City PD as a couple black and white Chargers and at least one gray unmarked one which I've seen leave rubber behind at a street light.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

CVPI is roomier, chargers feel really cramped once all the radio/MDT/assorted cop gear is installed...and if your a bad guy, forget about leg room when you get the ride to jail....
      Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

what trans is worse ? the nag or the aod , or the the 4t65 e in impala
        think they are equally bad

Comment

in a copper application
          the clear winner is the 6L70e in the tahoe

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
            in a copper application
            the clear winner is the 6L70e in the tahoe
            As long as it's 2 wheel drive, 4X4 is too top heavy when cornering. Never known of one to go on it's lid, but they sure feel like they will....

Comment

Originally posted by Bamfster
              CVPI is roomier, chargers feel really cramped once all the radio/MDT/assorted cop gear is installed...and if your a bad guy, forget about leg room when you get the ride to jail....
              I really, REALLY,, don't understand why this is STILL SO..
              with tech making stuff so small today..
              why the hell does the cop car gear take up so much space... the radio, computer and all that junk should be tiny today..
              if motorola can stuff as much stuff in a cell phome as they do.. and computers are tiny. there is no dam reason the gear in a cruiser needs to be as much as a space hog as they are..

Comment

Originally posted by IRONHEAD
                why the hell does the cop car gear take up so much space... the radio, computer and all that junk should be tiny today..
                if motorola can stuff as much stuff in a cell phome as they do.. and computers are tiny. there is no dam reason the gear in a cruiser needs to be as much as a space hog as they are..
                No kidding, right?
                They can manage to put everything they need on a Harley, except for the back seat....
                Originally posted by TC
                also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Originally posted by A/Fuel
                  No kidding, right?
                  They can manage to put everything they need on a Harley, except for the back seat....
                  I agree, but every time you turn around the powers that be want to add the latest whiz bang cop gizmo to the car.....that's why I would always take a pool car instead the assigned unit, they were stripped of all the gizmos to be put in the "regular" cars. Heck I didn't even like the partitions they started putting in the cars back in the early 90's.

When I rode the solos, and as far as that goes, my bro's assigned bike doesn't have all the gear....no room for the MDT or GPS. Only radio, moving radar and hand held radar.....only interested in traffic enforcement, not police work.

Comment

2wd tahoe and 4 wd tahoe sit exactly the same ride height
                    they handle great , most NYSP pursuit vehicles are tahoes

Comment

No kidding, right?
                      I agree, but every time you turn around the powers that be want to add the latest whiz bang cop gizmo to the car.....that's why I would always take a pool car instead the assigned unit, they were stripped of all the gizmos to be put in the "regular" cars. Heck I didn't even like the partitions they started putting in the cars back in the early 90's.

When I rode the solos, and as far as that goes, my bro's assigned bike doesn't have all the gear....no room for the MDT or GPS. Only radio, moving radar and hand held radar.....only interested in traffic enforcement, not police work.
                      Cops still live in the dark ages. Still write reports by hand. Still use forty year tech for radios. The box in the car isn't half as big as the brain box in the trunk.
                      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
                        No kidding, right?

Cops still live in the dark ages. Still write reports by hand. Still use forty year tech for radios. The box in the car isn't half as big as the brain box in the trunk.
                        Especially the big depts....they get the stuff and it's already outdated by 10+ years.

Comment

Working...
                        X