Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video: Mustang Pole Vault Attempt

Re: Video: Mustang Pole Vault Attempt

That was at the PRO/Edelbrock Hot Rod and Muscle Car Nationals in Bowling Green in 2003. I was standing behind and to the left of the Mustang when it launched. The car is owned and driven by Ron Gorz. Upon inspection after this crazy incident, it was found the 4-link brackets were not properly welded to the rear end housing. When Gorz clicked into second gear, the rear end housing decided to go on hiatus and Gorz did one helluva job negotiating the track with only the front wheels as he brought the car to a stop without hitting the wall or the other car.

Ron
    It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

I thought about making a wise ass comment about speed shop catalog chassis kits and farm store wire feed welders. But then I realized I couldn't do it any better. Glad no one got hurt.

Comment

I once saw a 69 mustang in a street race that got pole vaulted literally when his front u-joint broke and the driveshaft found a pot hole. The rear of the car got shot right over the top and the car ended up on it's roof. It's rear diff was hanging out of the car with only one U bolt unbroken. The guy had a 6 point cage, but no driveshaft loop.
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Ah I don't feel bad. So why wasn't this caught in tech? Don't you usually try your new stuff out on test and tune nite, not big events?

Comment

Working...
          X