Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Killer Old Promotional Video: Andy Granatelli Setting Records in a 1963 Avanti at Bonneville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Killer Old Promotional Video: Andy Granatelli Setting Records in a 1963 Avanti at Bonneville

Re: Killer Old Promotional Video: Andy Granatelli Setting Records in a 1963 Avanti at Bonneville

Bitchin'.
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Re: Killer Old Promotional Video: Andy Granatelli Setting Records in a 1963 Avanti at Bonneville

I've met his son, Vince, many times. I haven't yet been able to pick his brain about Dad's racing career.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

While Andy does a great leadfoot, his real skill is in bullshit.
        What a promoter!

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
          I've met his son, Vince, many times. I haven't yet been able to pick his brain about Dad's racing career.
          Scott -- Mandatory reading assignment.

"They Call Me Mr. 500" by Andy Granatelli

Stude -- Andy was a hell of a promoter. An American original!
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Gotta recommend Andy's book - it's a hoot!

Comment

Damn cool
              terry

Comment

Is it true one of those stock avantis would run 170mph wide open?
                www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

I'm gonna say hell-no, but that wouldn't stop a salesman.
                  That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Is it true one of those stock avantis would run 170mph wide open?
                    Probably one ordered with the Paxton blower could make it given enough room.
                    As I understand the rear windows would get sucked out pretty easily at that speed.

Comment

Working...
                    X