Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Event Coverage: The 2010 Hunnert Car Shootout from Great Lakes Dragaway, Union Grove, Wisconsin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Event Coverage: The 2010 Hunnert Car Shootout from Great Lakes Dragaway, Union Grove, Wisconsin

Re: Event Coverage: The 2010 Hunnert Car Shootout from Great Lakes Dragaway, Union Grove, Wisconsin

Great pictures! I want the dropped white 60 Pontiac Station Wagon tow car! I also noticed the #602 on the 63 Chevy Impala Ala Strickler's Z11 car.

Comment

Re: Event Coverage: The 2010 Hunnert Car Shootout from Great Lakes Dragaway, Union Grove, Wisconsin

Yeah, that 63 was very well done. I could do without the cowl mounted gauges, otherwise it was dead on. Perfect stance, steelies with screws on back, 4 speed, very nice.

Comment

I gotta say..................

Damn, I can't believe I missed this!

Yeah it was really crappy outside today around here today.

Don't kid yourself, Da Grove is a quick track. Saw John Force bang off a 5.13 sometime in the early-mid 90's here.
        (rode his little scooter all the way down the track and back first, still kinda wondering how he got stopped without
        blowing across the road and into the cornfield)

Comment

Beautiful... That '60 Pontiac Station Wagon is gorgeous indeed.

I visited this track approx. 10 years ago. Has a lot of atmosphere.
          There was no racing that day but the very kind track operator at the time (sorry, forgot his name) showed me around the track and the tower after I told him I came from Europe.

Gerrit
          Netherlands
          www.lowlandsXtreme.com --- Facebook: lowlandsXtreme

Comment

I was there on Saturday and took this video:

This is a short promo of the 2ns Annual Hunnert Car Heads Up held at Great Lakes Dragaway and organized by the Chrome Czars Car club

Amy Dayton
            ARS Promotions
            ;)
            www.arspromotions.com

Comment

I had to leave there at 2, and it was a steady, hard rain. Rained for my 2 hours drive back home, I thought sure racing would have been rained out, but I guess not. Looks like more cars showed up too.
              Like I always say...if you don't want your event rained on, don't let me in with my camera.
              Excellent video, by the way.

Comment

Working...
              X