Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Greatest $250.00 Craigslist Find Ever

Re: The Greatest $250.00 Craigslist Find Ever

Brian, in California a "two axle tractor" is just that, two axles total. Most of the rest of the country it would be what you and I call it, a tandem. Cali seems to have weight laws unique to them, you see lots of long hood, trucked out Peterbilts with a single drive axle, pulling two trailers.
    And a true gearhead knows if you bought a Hemi Road Runner for $250 with the intention of making money selling it, one of two things will happen. You'll either not be able to part with it, or only be able to get $125 out of it. Please don't tell me I'm the only one this happens to.

Comment

Oldrusty - Yep, you are the only one this happens to. I get $100 for it, after I have $5K in parts I bought for it that the buyer insists that I throw in, 'cause what am I gonna do with those parts now that I've sold the car. I make up for it in the volume.

Almost forgot to add - Brian, QUIT!!!! You keep making me fall in love w/old rusty junk that I have no use for, only to have my heart broken (again) when reality sets in.

Dan

Comment

Man, did you see the size of the gas tank :o I'd hate to feed that!
        Tom
        Overdrive is overrated

Comment

How about the greatest $350 Craigslist Find Ever...http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/da...736061627.html

Comment

Damn!

Well played dude!

Brian
            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

add a alum roll back and a new big rig air seat..
              and go...
              it's worth that in lb for the scrap..
              in my fantacy land i'd drop the cab over on a newer 2007 up gmc oil burner 3500
              add rollback..
              and tow car to track.. while geting 25 mph

Comment

i found a whole pickup bed full of SBC parts this morning on craigslist...including a running 4-bolt 350 and two working transmissions for $300 OBO.....im thinking of picking it all up. there are carbs, intakes, heads etc. everything to build multiple motors ;D

Comment

Working...
                X