Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Goliath Update: We Sort of Rebuilt the 292ci Six, It Runs

Re: Project Goliath Update: We Sort of Rebuilt the 292ci Six, It Runs

"bout time dude ... all day thrashes are the best!
    Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

We dumped some oil down each bore before honing. We dumped some beer down our throat before honing as well.

:D :D :D :D

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
        We dumped some oil down each bore before honing. We dumped some beer down our throat before honing as well.
        :D :D :D :D :D

Comment

sorry, I could'nt help.. but I don't think you or caveman wanted what I had ..(flu of some type)
          nice to see it running..
          when you stopping by to help install a 454.... have beer and bbq.. (reel them in ) ,, and jamerson (set hook) ;D ;D

Comment

This was an awesome rebuild. I enjoyed following it in the Tech thread. How much do you have in Goliath (including the new floor boards)?

Comment

Originally posted by Shannon
              This was an awesome rebuild. I enjoyed following it in the Tech thread. How much do you have in Goliath (including the new floor boards)?
              as cheap as it gets I could guess..I like these builds.

I laughed remembering my neighbor (we were 17, and 16) slamming a 327 together in the dusty driveway, A sloppy four speed.
              used valve guides, mismatched pistons, different rods and bearing pairs not remembered...
              he knocked the wrist pins out with a dowel...and swearing. It was a lead burner remnant, broke pistons.
              Not knowing what in hell was going to fire up, it too sounded like a cammed engine.. different pistons. It was 1989? 90? then, not a clue that engine was worth a nickel. I hope to hear 8500 rpms from such a contraption again sometime...and four gears sliding the rear end around. I could guess I will never encounter that reality again.

Anyhoo.. the truck it went in started off 292, also hacked as badly as brians...it seems he is having the good ol days today. ;D
              Previously boxer3main
              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

When you're so ghetto you use a three stone special instead of a bottle brush... that's bangshift!

Looks to me like she's ready for BOOST!
                Cheap, slow, half-assed: Pick three

Comment

Milk -- I'd be offended.....if it weren't true. :D

Boost? Maybe to help get into the cab.

Shannon...hmmmm, let's see

$750.00 purchase price
                  $15 on the carb rebuild
                  $30 on steering column parts
                  $100 for gaskets, piston and ancillary junk
                  $1,000 for all the new floor panels (which is every one available)
                  $???? for the labor installing them.

So right now, about $1895 spent.

That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                    Milk -- I'd be offended.....if it weren't true. :D

Boost? Maybe to help get into the cab.

Shannon...hmmmm, let's see

$750.00 purchase price
                    $15 on the carb rebuild
                    $30 on steering column parts
                    $100 for gaskets, piston and ancillary junk
                    $1,000 for all the new floor panels (which is every one available)
                    $???? for the labor installing them.

So right now, about $1895 spent.

Dude, that's like a sore Johnson...you just can't beat that! ;) Think of all the fun $1,895 has bought you up to this point.

Comment

Sam Adams, Brian? Old Style, the Official Beer of Low Buck Gearhead Thrashes. Congrats on getting the old guy running. Gotta get those inside tires on now.

Comment

Originally posted by Shannon
                        Think of all the fun $1,895 has bought you up to this point.
                        RIGHT! But try and explain that to her using LOGIC and REASON and see how far it gets you.

I think their brain's are put in backwards or something.
                        Cheap, slow, half-assed: Pick three

Comment

Working...
                        X