Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Parting Shift: The Coolest Job in the World, Driving an F1 Engine and Trans on a Test Stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Parting Shift: The Coolest Job in the World, Driving an F1 Engine and Trans on a Test Stand

Re: The Parting Shift: The Coolest Job in the World, Driving an F1 Engine and Trans on a Test Stand

Damn that sounds wicked.

Comment

Re: The Parting Shift: The Coolest Job in the World, Driving an F1 Engine and Trans on a Test Stand

Union job ? :D Lucky SOB.....

Comment

Anyone can heel tow sitting still. ;)

Comment

That's a LOT like masturbation...damn close, but it seems like something is missing...
          Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

At least give the guy a steering wheel. If it were me, I'd even have a helmet on.

Comment

Running a full-featured dyno IS cool. I did it a LOT and eventually got to where I enjoyed setting the engines up way more than running them. Our dynos could do what you see on the vid w/o transmission - the dyno can add and subtract load so quickly that the engine THINKS it's being shifted and sounds like it. Of course, that doesn't do anything for trans testing.

I couldn't see the dyno well enough to tell you what it is but it's probably a DC dyno. If the vid was newer I'd figure it was a flux-vectored AC but 'tain't. In either case it definitely sounds like it's applying a negative load (like a truck pushing it's engine down a hill) so it's not an Eddy current and it's WAY too fast to be hydrokinetic (like a Superflow). Somethin' I know somethin' about!

Dan

Comment

the reversion gives me comfort!
                www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Working...
                X