Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Brother Watch: Britain Testing Out Satellite Speed Cameras

Re: Big Brother Watch: Britain Testing Out Satellite Speed Cameras

I cannot see how a satellite can cover the whole country or how something trained downwards can read a vertical licence plate.

Time to cover our vehicles in crinkled aluminum foil.
    Do not forget the tinfoil hat.

Comment

Originally posted by malc
      I cannot see how a satellite can cover the whole country or how something trained downwards can read a vertical licence plate.

they can't read the plate.
      but they can read the v.i.n. >
      hello, onstar...

Comment

It just goes to show you how much money is involved in "speeding" that anyone could seriously justify SATELITES orbiting earth.

It's always been about "revenue" and never been about "safety."
        Cheap, slow, half-assed: Pick three

Comment

If the government starts issuing license plates with miniature embedded RFID tags (or something similar), this is totally feasible.

Comment

and that's just the technology we know about, imagine what the gov't already has/uses that there not telling you about
            "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Comment

I was back there at the beginning of May.
              Signs are posted to let you know there is camera surveillance, what they do not post is the speed limit, cunning or just plain underhanded ?
              The only time I saw limits posted was coming into a built up area, even then it never seemed consistent.

Comment

they are testing it in IRELAND

Comment

Originally posted by Aircooled

If the government starts issuing license plates with miniature embedded RFID tags (or something similar), this is totally feasible.
                  It would be harder than that, by far. RFID is good for small distances. There'd have to be one heluva transmitter in the car to get data back UP to a satellite.

however, something like OnStar could be triggered by the satellite to relay VIN data through a mobile phone connection. But, if we wanted to, OnStar is easy to disable.

I don't think there's any other scary tech being put into cars right now either.
                  www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

The satellite idea has been put on hold.

A joke ?
                    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ting-bite.html

Comment

Working...
                    X