No announcement yet.

Cool Drag Racing Video: The History of Funny Cars as Narrated by Steve Evans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool Drag Racing Video: The History of Funny Cars as Narrated by Steve Evans

Re: Cool Drag Racing Video: The History of Funny Cars as Narrated by Steve Evans

So very cool; thanks for finding and presenting this vid!

Steve Evans was one of, if not THE, greatest gentleman racing announcers EVER! I truly miss him and his expert commentary, along with his wonderful down-to-earth sense of humor. He had the ability to interview anyone and always had a salient comment to make. He never in my recollection asked a stupid question, such as, "So, John Force, you not only lost the round and the race, but wrecked the car as well. How does that make you feel?" Hmmm, can I get back to you on that, Steve?!

Comment

Re: Cool Drag Racing Video: The History of Funny Cars as Narrated by Steve Evans

I had the VHS of Fabulous Floppers, it was great. I've seen it on DVD at swap meets, but it appears to be a bootleg copied from VHS. Still, it's probably worth owning. In my opinion, way better than American Nitro.

Comment

Knock me out!
        A large amount of that footage was shot at the dearly departed but not forgotten Fremont Drag Strip.
        Likely I was there when some of those films were made. I never missed a funny car show from '72-80.

Comment

Working...
        X