Gads, there's some nasty stuff there.
      Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Re: Event Coverage: The 2010 George Barris Culver City Car Show

Good job Scotty!!!!!!!!!
        Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

Spent half an hour lookin and watching now..great pics and comments Scott ;D

Comment

GALPIN FORD ? heard from a friend that mr galpin was the smartest man he ever met
            not my experience with dealer principles , but ok

Comment

The actual Galpins were a long time ago. I think the Boeckmanns have had it since at-least the early seventies, don't recall the story too well. Beau Boeckmann is a friend-of-a-friend-of-a-friend, or a cousin somehow...everybody is, in Southern California...anyhow the family has a buffalo ranch nearby, of all things.

In the eighties I was helping a female friend shop for used cars...a salesman at our local Ford dealer had her ready to buy a brand-new 4x4 with all the options. I barely got her drug outta there. Then a salesman at Galpin looked over her finances, told her that no-way should she be spending that kind-of money and pointed her at a five-year-old 4cyl Mustang.

She got pissed and stomped out, he lost the sale...and I was impressed as hell with the guy for telling it like it was. Buying that 4x4 would've been a disaster.

Comment

Oh, and...Nice pics, Scott. 8) The local color and comments make me feel like I was there.

Comment

Beau is a really cool guy who is one of the foremost Ed Roth collectors and historians on Earth. Got lucky enough to have a guided tour of the family collection and pick his brain a few years ago. Great guy.

That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Working...
                  X